Bag for A6000, 16-50mm and 55-210mm?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by MrQ, Aug 11, 2015.

1. MrQ

MrQ TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 11, 2015
    Looking for the smallest possible bag for A6000 with 16-50mm and 55-210mm. Most of the time I will store the A6000 with 16-50mm attached but sometimes I will store it with the 55-210mm attached also.

Recommendations?

2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
  3. MrQ

MrQ TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 11, 2015
    Looks too big and expensive

4. Kirkp

Kirkp TalkEmount Regular

Nov 2, 2014
    Adorama has some bargains on small Lowepro bags, but apparently only through affiliate links. I'm using the Passport Sling II for the same gear you are carrying. It's also expandable when you need a bit more space. The $17 deal seems to have expired on that one though.
    http://m.bensbargains.com/search/lowepro/

5. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Not too big at all, its actually a small size shoulder bag that fits the camera body with a lens attached, plus 2 more lenses if needed (or other stuff) on the side pockets/dividers. You can fit a ton of stuff in the other pockets and what I like most is that its a very district bag that doesn't scream camera bag and the quality is top notch. It is a bit on the expensive side, I agree, but IMHO is worth it for such quality/design ;)

6. Alex66

Alex66 TalkEmount Regular

Dec 23, 2014
    I have the 10 though really too big for a walk around bag it is well designed but for me Billingham Hadley range are great walk about bags followed by the Domke 802/803 types. Look on the auction site for miss listed bags you can save a fortune that way and as a lot of us seem to go through bags like there is no tomorrow there are a lot of almost new bags out there.

7. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Yeah the Retro 10 is a big bag. I also have the 7 (which is pretty close to the size of the 10) and the 5. The 5 is significantly smaller than those two

8. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    I don't know about smallest possible, but the Vanguard Uprise II 18 is exceptionally small, but amazingly flexible. I got it originally for my NEX-5N + 18-200 and one other lens... amazingly it's still going strong and can carry any two-lens kit with my A7 (including my bulkiest lenses, like the FD 85/1.2L and 90/2.8G, but only just). I actually use it more like a holster for event shooting (stashing my big backpack somewhere safe), because it's so small and unobtrusive. The II 15 should also fit the A6000 but I doubt the A7 combo would go in comfortably.

9. garethwi

garethwi TalkEmount Regular

Sep 2, 2011
    Netherlands
    Gareth
    Because I'm an ageing hipster, I backed the Peak Design kickstarter.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Jazzer

Jazzer TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    New York
    Larry
    garethwi, I saw that bag. It's very well designed, but to me it feels a bit on the large side for an A6000 and a few lenses. If I am carrying more than just a couple of extra lenses, I generally prefer a backpack to distribute the weight. I hope after the initial launch Peak Design comes out with a slightly smaller version.

11. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Can't offer you a bag suggestion since I'm re-using an old Case Logic camcorder convertible shoulder/hip bag. But I too needed smallest possible solution. The hip option is great. Allows me to take the a6000, kit and 55-210 and 2 extra batteries comfortably for cycling trips. It won't fit any more, just the minimum needed. Also has proven well suited to challenging location shoots, hiking, etc. More secure, and comfortable on the hip.

The Domke above looks the most versatile as it's equipped with belt loop.

12. garethwi

garethwi TalkEmount Regular

Sep 2, 2011
    Netherlands
    Gareth
    I admit it is quite large, but I quite often have my laptop with me.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jazzer

Jazzer TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 6, 2012
    New York
    Larry
    It seems perfect for that. And it does collapse down some for smaller loads. I admit I am still tempted :).

14. mrlrz

mrlrz TalkEmount Regular

Nov 13, 2013
    Too large for me but I endorse their camera clip, I'm really enjoying it