1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

bag for 4 lenses

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by alaios, Aug 27, 2013.

1. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    Dear all,
    I am looking for a small compact bag that can just fit 4 lenses.. I do not want to have extra space for the camera. Most likely to have somewhere four more lenses when shooting. Could you please inform me if there are bags just for holding only lenses?

For example I have found that one,
    http://store.lowepro.com/modular/s-f-lens-exchange-case-200-aw
    but being able to carry 4 lenses would be great.

Regards
    A

2. izTheViz

izTheViz TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 10, 2013
    Paris
    Yannis Marigo
    Hey,

This one doesn't look like you'll
    be able to put a cam and four lenses in it.
    If you don't plan to carry big lenses check the new Timbukt2 Informant Camera Bag. Just got one and it really looks perfect for my Nex-5n plus 3-4 lenses.

3. ecaggiani

ecaggiani TalkEmount Regular

Jun 19, 2013
    San Jose, CA
    Ed Caggiani
  4. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    I am leaning towards camera bag insert. These are camera bags without the outer bag, essentially foam protectors in camera bags.

5. alaios

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    without the outer bag... so how does it really look like?

6. alaios

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    Hi I only want to have 4 lenses inside, given that I Will be all the time holding the camera. I had a look on your suggestions but what is not clear for me is how easy to change lenses with these bags? I am looking for a bag that would be able to support my object changing.

Regards
    Alex

7. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
  8. alaios

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    Great that is what I am looking for. Reduced price would also help I guess :D :D How fast can you change a lens and how easy you handle the lenses caps? I guess for me it would be a mess...

A.

9. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Yeah, ThinkTank brand is a little on the expensive side but you get great products IMO (I think I've posted a thread about my love for my ThinkTank Retro 5 bag)

Personally I've never faced an occassion that I need to change lenses fast so I can't comment. I work with what I have at the given time... I guess we follow a different workflow ;)

10. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Alex, just to try and prevent you having a stroke before the event I'm going to offer this piece of advice. Please feel free to ignore it and consider it may be worth exactly what you paid for it- absolutely nothing.

You have a 28-85mm lens. Put it on the camera and shoot. Bump the ISO up if you need to, but just shoot. All this worry about changing lenses quickly and how to carry them is silly. Put the zoom on the camera and just use it.

And you will argue back to me about noisy pictures. And I will say- they will not care if there is some noise in the pictures, they will be happy that you thought enough of them and their special day to bother to take pictures.

Photography should be fun, not a stressful thing. Relax. Use what you have to the best of your abilities. Enjoy!

11. NickCyprus

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick

^^Amen :thumbup:
    Very good advice!!!

That's what I've been trying to tell Alex for a while too :)

Btw, I may be wrong but I think Alex already sold the MD 28-85mm...

12. alaios

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    Well actually I thought that I should buy something that in the future would allow faster lenses changes.

Alex

13. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    I apologize, I somehow thought this was the wedding shoot thread. I got confused. My bad.

14. alaios

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    I like pushing you guys! Brilliant. That will keep me motivated for even more questions :)