Bad exposure info on A7

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by RAWFA, Mar 2, 2014.

1. RAWFA

RAWFA TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 25, 2011
    Hi guys,

When I shoot I usually don't use the exposure meter, I look at the image through the viewfinder or the lcd and shoot when I see the image exposed as I like it. I never had any problems with that with my prior NEX cameras (NEX5, NEX5N, NEX7) but with the A7 I expose the image like I like but many times it comes out darker after I shoot (I have "Live view display" with "setting effect on").

Any thoughts?
  2. IgorFB

IgorFB New to TalkEmount

Jun 3, 2013
    Random thought but have you checked the LCD brightness?
    Try looking at the exposure meter and compare that to what you see onscreen.
  3. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Or maybe you accident hit the exposure compensation dial?
  4. Armanius

Armanius TalkEmount Regular

Aug 8, 2011
    Houston Texas USA
    i have that problem with Panasonic GH2. Exposure preview is horribly inaccurate. But it is pretty good for me on the Sony A7.
  5. RAWFA

RAWFA TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 25, 2011
    I've just realized something that is good, but not ideal. The actual image that is shot is exposed exactly like I exposed it when shooting, but during the 2 seconds preview after I've taken the photo it shows up darker, which leads you to believe that that is how the image was actually exposed. BUT if you preview the image via the play button or on the computer the images are properly exposed like I intended. This leads me to believe that the 2 second auto preview is worthless as I will have to play each image after I shot it or trust it's exposed like I wanted it too. Nonetheless I really would like the 2 second preview to work properly.
    • Like Like x 2