Backpackers - What is your traveling backpack and essentials?

robfactory

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Rob
Hiya everyone!
I love to backpack when I travel. I usually have a Boundary Supply Prima system backpack with the 6L attachment and that's about it.
It's able to keep a lot of my stuff and it has a detachable sling/hip camera bag built-in to it.
What do you guys use to backpack on longer trip?
Things I usually bring with me are:
1. Hoo Too - Battery/Wifi Router
2. Merino Wool: (2)shirts, (3) underwear, (3) socks
3. 1 dress shirt
4. (1)Jeans
5. 1 pair of shorts
6. Bathing shorts
7. 13-inch laptop (no ac adapter)
8. Zendure 27,000mah battery (it can charge my laptop and 3 other items)
9. Zendure Universal plug (it charges the battery at the same time the battery charges my laptop and other USB items)
10. Sneakers
11. Nice shoes
12. Sony A7RIV (2 batteries) with 12-24 F4/Tamron 28-75f28/ Voigtlander 40mm f1.4
14. I use MicroSD cards (4) and 2 SD adapters.
15. RAVPower charger (1 sony battery/ 2 RAVPower)
16. 1 moleskin notebook (2 pens)
17. A book
18. Lens rocket and lens cloth
19. Toothbrush/toothpaste
20. Traveling Towel
21. ND filters (Tamron and Voigtlander)
22. Hairbrush
23. Traveling size deodorant
24. A light jacket
25. It all fits in the Boundary Supply Prima System with 6L attachment
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Last edited:

JonathanF2

TalkEmount All-Pro
Any pics of your setup? I'm always worried about having to check my backpack if it's too big for an airplane cabin. Hence I always carry a separate camera bag and clothing case. Uniqlo sells great travel clothes that are thermo/cooling optimized, thin and easy to wash. Also I try to minimize any cotton clothes if possible, since I tend to wash everything in a sink. Also maybe I'm getting old, but I really like my clothes smelling like Tide detergent. The days of being a smelly/grimy traveller are behind me! :D

Though I always carry a reusable grocery bag with me. Sometimes for actual groceries, but mostly as a discreet way to carry my camera!

robfactory

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Rob
Any pics of your setup? I'm always worried about having to check my backpack if it's too big for an airplane cabin. Hence I always carry a separate camera bag and clothing case. Uniqlo sells great travel clothes that are thermo/cooling optimized, thin and easy to wash. Also I try to minimize any cotton clothes if possible, since I tend to wash everything in a sink. Also maybe I'm getting old, but I really like my clothes smelling like Tide detergent. The days of being a smelly/grimy traveller are behind me! :D

Though I always carry a reusable grocery bag with me. Sometimes for actual groceries, but mostly as a discreet way to carry my camera!
Added two photos :)

JonathanF2

TalkEmount All-Pro
Added two photos :)
Nice setup! Usually when I'm traveling international I also have to take into consideration that I'm bringing back gifts and other stuff. Also I'm ultra paranoid only having one camera body on me. I usually carry a spare and swap them out every other day. Plus wherever I'm staying at, I secure my bags using a cable lock usually to a bed post or other permanent fixture mainly due to said paranoia! :D

WoodWorks

Super Moderator
Real Name
David
It’s been 3 years since my last international trip, so these days I’m more concerned with what I can strap to my motorcycle than what I can carry on my back. But my packing list is similar to yours, Rob. Except no jeans. And I carry an iPad Pro and Kindle rather than a laptop and books. The camera lives in the tank bag. But I also bring along some sort of shoulder/sling bag for when I’m wandering around off the bike. And I’ve got plenty of bags to choose from. :rolleyes-20:

robfactory

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Rob
Nice setup! Usually when I'm traveling international I also have to take into consideration that I'm bringing back gifts and other stuff. Also I'm ultra paranoid only having one camera body on me. I usually carry a spare and swap them out every other day. Plus wherever I'm staying at, I secure my bags using a cable lock usually to a bed post or other permanent fixture mainly due to said paranoia! :D
I've yet to have anything stolen at a hotel. I don't have an extra body because I usually have the older body help pay for the newer body. Worst-case scenario, I can get a Sony APC-S frame camera to do the job while I find a good deal on the A7 series.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom