Back with A7ii

Yohan

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Yohan
Hello everyone,

I'm not exactly new to this forum. For nearly two years, I shot mostly film. The experience was mostly a positive one. I love how highlights and shadows transition with film.
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It's been a crazy year. Had the time of my life in Portugal in the spring. Had two shoulder surgeries in four months. And my right shoulder moves well enough now to hold a camera to my eye.

A friend and I each bought an A7ii this week. She's replacing her Canon T3i. I'm adding a digital camera to my lineup. I'm happy to have a digital camera again. Also happy to be back in a photo community that has given me a lot of encouragement in the past.

First with the A7ii.

Hope to contribute more soon.

Nexnut

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Ken
Man, this made me realize (yet again) how much I miss film and real cameras. Something like my old Nikons and OMs - no freakin' menus, myriads of settings, moving AF points all over the place and whatnot ... oh well.
Anyway, welcome back Yohan. Looking forward to seeing some more of your images.

Yohan

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Yohan
Man, this made me realize (yet again) how much I miss film and real cameras. Something like my old Nikons and OMs - no freakin' menus, myriads of settings, moving AF points all over the place and whatnot ... oh well.
Anyway, welcome back Yohan. Looking forward to seeing some more of your images.
Thanks Ken. You know, there are some quality film cameras out there waiting for new homes!

Nexnut

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Ken
Thanks Ken. You know, there are some quality film cameras out there waiting for new homes!
Yeah. Got some lying around here (Nikons, OMs, Texas Leica), all the glass I need and lots of film in the fridge but haven't shot a single frame in years. Mainly because I'm still on the road but also because digital has spoiled me to the bone - just thinking about scanning film or losing color films in the mail gives me the willies. Anyway, I could imagine shooting some future projects on film again, most probably on medium format with the Fuji GL690 or another Hassie, time will tell.

soeren

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Soeren
Great pics Yohan
There are also some film cameras (and enlargers) not waiting for a new home ;)

Last edited:

Mus Aziz

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Mus
I'm donating my 4x5 LPL Saunders to a photography club soon...

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom