Back-Focus on the NEX-7

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by ChangshaNotes, Sep 14, 2013.

1. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    So I've been experimenting using back-focusing on the NEX-7 with my AF E-mount lenses. (I don't think any of the other models can do this)

What I've done is set AF on manual. I have the AF/MF button set to AF/MF control on hold. I have one of the Function Settings (the soft button next to the shutter) set to 'Focus Settings'

So when I turn the focus ring, It immediately magnifies for fousing. It stays magnified. If I tap the shutter button it goes back to the normal screen, if I hit the function button I get into function settings and can easily move the focus point around. If I use my thumb on the AF/MF button (while not in magnified screen) the lens auto focuses. I find this much better than DMF mode. The way I hold the camera my thumb always rests on the AF/MF button anyway.

The only issue I have is the set-up is completely useless for manual lenses and so I have to menu dive and exchange AF/MF control for Manual assist everytime I change to a manual lens. However lately my walk around lenses have been the SEL35 on the camera with the Sigma 19.

• Like Like x 3
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.