Back Button Focus

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by christilou, Jun 21, 2015.

1. christilou

christilou TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 26, 2012
    Surrey, UK
    I found a YouTube video and set up my A7R. I've only got the FE55 native lens but even so, I'm finding this a better solution for faster focus for my use. This avoids the annoying seconds taken as it tries to refocus each time during a series of pics. I used this once on a Fuji but couldn't get used to it. The only other thing that really spoils my pleasure in this camera is the time taken for the EVF to engage and start up. Even if I turn of the LCD altogether, it still takes a few blank seconds and a couple of half presses to start up by which time the moment is gone. I think I have the latest firmware installed.
  2. Nexnut

Nexnut TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 3, 2012
    somewhere betwixt here and now
    I don't have the A7r but the Fujis react MUCH faster if you turn the energy saving options OFF - they still need way too much time to wake up from standby though. I usually just turn them off after a shot, or depending on the situation keep half-pressing the shutter release every other minute or so. Of course this is less than ideal but at least it keeps the camera awake and ready.
    • Like Like x 1