1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Baby Doll

Discussion in 'Portrait' started by marcin wuu, Sep 10, 2015.

1. marcin wuu

marcin wuu TalkEmount Rookie

Sep 6, 2015
    Nex-7, Canon FD 58 1.2

39jYGO.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 11
  2. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Beautiful shot...Canon FD lenses do very well on the NEX-7

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Dennis Koh

Dennis Koh TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 9, 2015
    Nice image. But seems like a tad bit over retouch in the face. I beg your pardon if I was wrong.

4. pbizarro

pbizarro TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 24, 2014
    Portugal
    Excellent work with lighting and processing. I also agree that the skin looks too plasticky, but perhaps that is just me.

5. marcin wuu

Sep 6, 2015
    Maybe. I think it's a function of makeup and lighting and selecting only great looking subjects. I never blur the skin.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. WNG

WNG TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Splendid B&W portrait. I like the shadowing at the eyes. I think the image resolution is too low here to judge. It can cause the white matte of her face. Where a full res sample may reveal skin details.

Well, I like it, the effect and all. Reminds me of a series of illustrations popular in the 80s. Matte, minimal colors. The name escapes me at the moment.

7. shaolin95

shaolin95 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    Love the lighting and composition but agree that a bit more texture to the skin would be nice. Also I would have go with the shadow not doing that "arch" on the eyes. Not picking here .:)

8. marcin wuu

Sep 6, 2015
    When I shoot hard lights, which means almost always, I set the lights so that this shadow is always there. On every single one of my hard lit portraits.

9. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    I have to be honest and say this:
    It seems like there's a lot of unsolicited negative critique on a new member's first posting.

Maybe everyone should add their own top quality portraits to this thread as a show & tell exercise ???
    :)

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. shaolin95

Jul 3, 2013
    ok....I will make sure not comment next time then....
    regards

11. shaolin95

Jul 3, 2013
    mmm not sure I get this roundball. When I post a pic I expect messages either way and welcome other photographer's input. If I wanted just to get positive messages I will post on Facebook to get "likes" but maybe that just me. ;)

• Like Like x 2
  12. roundball

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Great...with your experience, do you have any model portraits as good or better than this one?
    If so, please post them up.

13. shaolin95

Jul 3, 2013
    Really roundball, I certainly expected more from you than this. Not sure if you woke up in a bad mood but I am not playing this childish game. Nothing on my comment to the image was even mildly disrespectful for you to take such attitude but welcome to my ignore list.
    Regards

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lucille

Lucille TalkEmount Veteran

May 22, 2013
    Ok, i'm game, here is my TOP QUALITY portrait with some texture.

m-116.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. marcin wuu

Sep 6, 2015
    Really, fellas, there's no need for that. I don't take offence to feedback, even negative, and frankly, I don't see any negative feedback here. The skin texture is there, not at this size though. The shadow on the eye is kinda 'my thing', and I'm ready to accept it's not to everyone's taste. So, let's just chill out, eh?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Lucille

Lucille TalkEmount Veteran

May 22, 2013

Your image is fine honey, it's your signature look and it works as far as i'm concerned.

17. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Why? Who said that you have to post something for comparison in order to express an (very polite from "Shaolin95") opinion???

Take it easy guys, there's no need for this, especially from 2 very respectful members as @shaolin95@shaolin95 and @roundball@roundball ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave

Agreed.

We can easily share opinions without getting rude. I personally did not see anything overly aggressive to get upset about.

The OP posted an image that has a certain feel to it. You may not like it, that is fine.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  19. Dennis Koh

Aug 9, 2015
    I think I was the one who started the critique. My sincerest apologies.

20. Dennis Koh

Aug 9, 2015
    Here is mine for everyone's critique. Not doing any comparison here. Just hoping for some good honest feedbacks.

860c8f8c0e5a8cb7a9a924008a969603.

2661508df3d73e8910fbc766e4345c12.

• Like Like x 2