Autumnal Angst - (Is an RX100 III Shot ok?)

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Vincepad, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Vincepad

Vincepad TalkEmount Regular

Dec 29, 2013
    So, it wasn't with one of my E-mount cameras, but it was with a Sony RX100M3 while I was on the way to my local camera store to get a replacement lens cap for my Sony Zeiss 55 - close enough, right?

This picture pretty much captures my thoughts about fall - beautiful, a time for reflection, the last vestiges of Spring's explosion of life, the imminent arrival of the harsh winter, the shift from color and variety to whites and blues.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Wonderful! So simple, and yet full of feeling.

And an RX100 M3? I'm soooo jealous! ;)

3. Vincepad

Vincepad TalkEmount Regular

Dec 29, 2013
    I'll tell you what - you are right to be! ;)

I needed a new walk around camera for a variety of reasons, and I narrowed it down to the Fuji x30 and the RX100M3. Different cameras with different characteristics, but they were my final two. I ended up purchasing the x30. I had it for three days and just couldn't love it. I can see exactly why people do - the colors are fantastic, you can do some amazing stuff in camera with it, the ergonomics are great, it LOOKS fantastic - clearly it's an awesome camera. I ended up buying the RX100 though because the x30 was just too big for what I wanted. The quality of the pictures though - whoa. Great stuff. And it just "fits" with my other Sony gear. It's a little bit limited on the user interface and on the in-camera capabilities sides compared to the x30, but the sensor and file quality are ridiculous for a camera its size.

4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    No complaints, nice shot.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.