1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Autumnal Angst - (Is an RX100 III Shot ok?)

Discussion in 'Nature' started by Vincepad, Oct 19, 2014.

1. Vincepad

Vincepad TalkEmount Regular

Dec 29, 2013
    So, it wasn't with one of my E-mount cameras, but it was with a Sony RX100M3 while I was on the way to my local camera store to get a replacement lens cap for my Sony Zeiss 55 - close enough, right?

This picture pretty much captures my thoughts about fall - beautiful, a time for reflection, the last vestiges of Spring's explosion of life, the imminent arrival of the harsh winter, the shift from color and variety to whites and blues.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Wonderful! So simple, and yet full of feeling.

And an RX100 M3? I'm soooo jealous! ;)

3. Vincepad

Vincepad TalkEmount Regular

Dec 29, 2013
    I'll tell you what - you are right to be! ;)

I needed a new walk around camera for a variety of reasons, and I narrowed it down to the Fuji x30 and the RX100M3. Different cameras with different characteristics, but they were my final two. I ended up purchasing the x30. I had it for three days and just couldn't love it. I can see exactly why people do - the colors are fantastic, you can do some amazing stuff in camera with it, the ergonomics are great, it LOOKS fantastic - clearly it's an awesome camera. I ended up buying the RX100 though because the x30 was just too big for what I wanted. The quality of the pictures though - whoa. Great stuff. And it just "fits" with my other Sony gear. It's a little bit limited on the user interface and on the in-camera capabilities sides compared to the x30, but the sensor and file quality are ridiculous for a camera its size.

4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    No complaints, nice shot.