1. Welcome to TalkEmount.com—a friendly Sony E-mount camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Showcase Auto Sears 55mm f/1.4

Discussion in 'Native Lens Sample Image Showcase' started by Richard Crowe, Dec 5, 2018 at 7:00 PM.

1. Richard Crowe

Richard Crowe TalkEmount Regular

Sep 14, 2018
    I will almost always try to shoot a dog from its eye level or as close to that level as this old body will allow me to shoot. Thankfully autofocus and articulating LCD monitors often help me attain that lower height with my camera.

However I was playing with a new lens acquisition which is a manual focus, M-42 mount, 55mm f/1.4 Auto Sears on my Sony A6500. This lens was made by Tamioka and has gained (under it's various rebranded names such as Rokinon) quite a cult following among mirrorless camera adapted lens fans. ...

Anyway, I snapped this image of Robin (who is my most recently adopted dog) wide open at f/1.4 from my eye level as I was walking into the house. The result was exactly what Robin looks like. She is a tiny dog and is always following my every movement with her big adoring eyes...

20181123_Sears Lens Test_8766.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

• Like Like x 6
  2. WNG

WNG TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Rokinon is a trademark of Samyang. I think you meant Ricoh's Rikenon lens line. This great lens is also sold under Tomioka's own brand, Tominon, as a Mamiya/Sekor Auto,
    Porst, and a few others I can't recall.

• Informative Informative x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.