1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Auto Canon EF adapter question

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by cvt01, Feb 21, 2015.

1. cvt01

cvt01 TalkEmount Regular

Jan 3, 2015
  2. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    I ordered the Fotodiox I should have received and tested it by next weekend. I'll let you know how it turns out

• Like Like x 1
  3. pvp_victor

pvp_victor TalkEmount Regular

Nov 24, 2013
    bangalore, india
    Vijay
    @cvt01@cvt01
    Sorry for the late reply. The Commlite adapter seems to be doing the job. Chanced upon this video here hope this helps.

@WestOkid@WestOkid
    Novices like me look for inputs from you veterans. Pls post some sample photos that you promised :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. WestOkid

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    Ha Ha. I think you need to look elsewhere for veterans, but I appreciate the love. :)

As for some pics. Nothing much yet other than testing the AF in the backyard. The weather has been bad. When I got out to shoot the weather had my sites shut down :(. I managed to get the following with the Fotodiox and the Canon 17-40L.

https://www.talkemount.com/threads/9514/page-9#post-83098

As for the Fotodiox. I really like it. It seems well built. The AF, Aperture controls and Exif information work fine IMO. I would say in good light the AF is certainly usable for stationary objects (which is what mostly shoot). It is using contrast detect AF, so there is some back and forth. It takes a second or 2, but it locks accurately most times. So far, I am so pleased with the results, I am really kicking myself for not doing this sooner:doh:. All those fine Canon EF lenses are now in play.:D

5. pvp_victor

pvp_victor TalkEmount Regular

Nov 24, 2013
    bangalore, india
    Vijay
    At 664 posts you are a veteran for ME.

Thanks for the Pics. That 1st one is groovy; sort of having a 3D feel. It has a train load of details. BTW, I have dropped my idea of the adapter (as I'd primarily considered it for getting a better EF/EF-S Zoom lens than the SEL55210, but ended up going for the native lens instead). AF tracking with native lenses also played a role in that decision.

6. WestOkid

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    Thanks. If you need good AF with tracking then you made the right choice. Native or the LAEA4 is the only way to go. Enjoy the SEL55210.