1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

At the range

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by TonyTurley, Aug 31, 2013.

1. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    I belong to a local shooting club, and we require a yearly face-to-face safety briefing at the range in order to renew and get the new gate combination. While at the briefing this morning, I decided to snap a few picks of the Single-Action Cowboy Range. It was overcast, so the pics aren't as crisp as I like. I used the Yashinon-DX 45/1.7.

I don't shoot competitively, but the Cowboy Action guys take it seriously. They have over $60k USD invested in this little "town", and I've been told many of them have multiple thousands of dollars invested in their equipment. I've seen many of them on blistering hot days decked out in tall hats, long-sleeve shirts, black vests & pants, and cowboy boots. We all have our passions, eh? Just like my camera equipment, my shooting equipment is fairly modest compared to many, but I did splurge on a new pistol today. I may have to put off that A3000 purchase for another month. :)

Tony

DSC06286v01_zps6daa6271.

DSC06285v01_zps3842fc5a.

DSC06290v01_zpsd1aa6982.

2. Ken

Ken New to TalkEmount

Aug 1, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Ken
    Great photos of a really nice range!

I've never done any of the cowboy action shooting, either, but I have an 1851 Colt Navy replica. Black powder is a 'blast' to shoot!

3. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Thanks Ken. Our range is surrounded by miles of hiking trails in the hills, which I use frequently. I can always tell when someone is down there shooting a BP, by the "hiss . . . BOOM". :)

Tony

4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    What a nice range.

5. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    It is a nice range . . . the Cowboy Action range is one of 5 different ranges on 100 acres.

6. Jackson

Jackson New to TalkEmount

Sep 5, 2013
    The only thing you should be shooting ...

...is your Sony NEX.

7. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    I do plenty of that. Punching holes in paper targets with fast moving pieces of metal is another thing I enjoy very much.

8. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Me too.