Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by slothead, Aug 20, 2015.
Just curious, What do you guys use your custom buttons for? Give me some examples.
My settings for the A7r2
1) C1 = focus area
2) C2 = focus mode
3) C3 = focus zoom (for manual focusing)
4) C4 = finder/monitor (manual switching)
5) AF/MF = AF/MF toggle
6) AEL = eye af
7) Wheel button = standard
I only use a few on the NEX-7 with manual lenses setting aperture manually.
Manual Focus Assist
Thanks guys, keep em coming, and by the way this is for a a7ii, so I am primarily interested in the four single custom buttons (but every function suggested could work on those, so I guess it doesn't really matter what they're for).
I wish I had a A7ii so I could chime in
I set up the A6000 for optimum use with manual focus lenses using the following options:
AEL -> Focus Magnifier
Main Dial -> Exposure Comp
Back Dial -> Apetrure/Shutter Speed
This ensures the most useful buttons are actually functional when using a legacy lens.
I've only customized 3 functions on my A7 (I primarily shoot legacy primes)
C1 Focus magnifier
C2 Aspect ratio
Dial around enter OK key is set to ISO
Mine is more geared to mf:
1) C1 = Peaking level
2) C2 = Steady S. Focal Len.
3) C3 = AF/MF toggle
4) C4 = Monitor brightness (not sure on this, maybe switch to grid and move to down button)
5) AF/MF = Focus Magnifier
6) AEL = eye af
7) Wheel button = focus area
8) Down = finder/monitor (manual switching-problem not permanent, other option deactivate monitor is permanent but does not shut the lcd)
Separate names with a comma.