ARW - DNG Problems with A6500 and A6400

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Veteran
I shoot with both an A6500 and an A6400 and always capture my images in RAW. When I download images using Adobe Bridge CC Photo Downloader. I select "Convert to DNG". The A6500 images are converted to DNG when I open them in Camera RAW but, the A6400 images remain as ARW:frown:

I cannot figure it out? I do the same thing with the A6500 images as I do with the A6400 images but, the results are different.:doh:

Another problem is when I am in Photoshop CC and open an ARW image sometimes my NIK filter collection appears in the drop down menu and other times it does not. When it doesn't, I cannot get to the NIK collection even if I save that image as a PSD or JPEG file:confused-69:

I can't tell whether the NIK filters will be available until I try to open the collection under my Photoshop Filter Menu?????

Last edited:

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
Did you update the Adobe DNG Converter? A new version would be required to include the new a6400 ARW into the fold, no?

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Veteran
I expected that the Adobe Bridge CC Photo Downloader should have included the capability to convert A6400 ARW files to DNG, in the same way that it converts the A6500 files, since Adobe CC has recently been updated. I guess that as a last resort, I could download the Adobe DNG converter just seems like an extra step that I should not need to do...

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
I expected that the Adobe Bridge CC Photo Downloader should have included the capability to convert A6400 ARW files to DNG, in the same way that it converts the A6500 files, since Adobe CC has recently been updated. I guess that as a last resort, I could download the Adobe DNG converter just seems like an extra step that I should not need to do...
Oh my bad, missed the CC part somehow, was thinking of stand alone.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom