1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Are there any zoom lenses for my range with auto focus?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Lenses' started by alaios, Mar 8, 2014.

1. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    Hi,
    I am looking for some good quality zoom lens with a kind of affordable price. The 55210 does not really much my taste and I really find that it goes too large the focal length...
    I would for example be happy with something that starts from 70-90 and ends up around 150. Perhaps such range can increase quality with keeping prices at reasonable levels.

Is there something like that ?? Are there any hopes that there would be for me?
    The problem I have for manual lenses is that going over 120 as focal length is not easy to manual focus.

Is there any hope ?

Regards
    Alex

2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    I use and love a 70-150mm Vivitar, although not AF.

3. alaios

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    Hi thanks for the suggestion. So I guess we will never get a zoom lens at the range I am thinking about with auto focus? I hope sometimes that perhaps sigma might release something there.

Regards
    Alex
    P.S Can you share some vivitar shots?

4. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Alex- have you looked in the Sample Image Archives section of this site? There is a section called Adapted Lens Sample Image Archive that lists the lenses people have adapted to E mount. Just scroll down until you find the lens you want and enjoy the offerings provided.

Here's the link to get you started.

• Like Like x 1
  5. alaios

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    Hi
    I think the correct answer is that there are not zoom lenses for me... As disapointing can it be. Currently on my budget there is only the 55-210 that has auto focus..
    too bad. Everything else with auto focus is just very very expensive

A.

• Like Like x 1
  6. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    I second the above. I think the 55-210 IS the right lens for you ;)

7. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    I sense some dislike of the 55-210. This seems like a perfect fit. We have seen some great shots on the forum from this lens. Granted, it is not a low light lens, but under good conditions, performs pretty well.

There are a couple of zoom FF lenses in your range, but they are pricey. The 70-200 might be worth looking at.

8. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    The FE 28-70 can be also found very cheap from what I'm seeing on ebay