Arctic freeze

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by TonyTurley, Feb 18, 2015.

1. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    A day after our heaviest snow of the year on Tuesday, the sky was brilliant blue, with lots of sun and shadows. The scene from our back deck caught my eye, so here it is in natural color, B&W, and vintage film. The photos don't lie - it is cold here. Low will be -10F or less tonight. That's unheard of for us. OM-D E-M5 + Olympus 14-42 IIR.

Tony

shadows2_zps64292e95.

shadows-BW_zpsbe9d85a8.

shadows-old_zpsa4ae4e9b.

• Like Like x 3
  2. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Good stuff there.

Yes, 5* and 3* forecast here in neighboring North Carolina the next 2 days.
    I'm so tired of our unusually cold WX that I'm now TIRED of BEING TIRED of it !!!!!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Brrrr

• Like Like x 1
  4. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Yes, quite. I have often hiked in the Winter in temps from 0-10F, and have never gotten cold wearing the proper gear. However, I don't know how folks in the northern states do this day after day, week after week.

Tony

5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Living in it and visiting it are TOTALLY different.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Zanner

Zanner TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    Wisconsin, USA
    Suzanne
    You get acclimated. I went outside for lunch today and the sun was shining. It felt great. Then I looked at my car's temp reading and it said -2. And that's not with the -30 wind that was whipping at my back. But I also have a parka on. Having the proper attire helps ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    As we like to say here in Oregon: There is no bad weather, only bad clothes. :p

• Like Like x 3
  8. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Here's another from late this afternoon taken while walking my dog. Another B&W conversion. Cold enough? OM-D E-M5 + ZD 14-54 Mk II.

shadows-BW2_zpse63c6ab2.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Zanner

Zanner TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 19, 2013
    Wisconsin, USA
    Suzanne
    And because it is -30 wind chill outside right now, this is my arctic freeze picture. Taken through my patio door because I'm not that crazy (usually). ;) This is my dog's ball that was made for horses, but she's almost the size of one so it works. She loves it so much, that she will just sit at the patio door whining because she misses it. She always tries to sneak it inside. But when she does, she chews off the handle (evidence shown). I thought the blue of it was really popping in the cold white, dull background.

16549119496_badc966940_h. ColdLonely-1 by Stevsh, on Flickr

• Like Like x 2