1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

ARCA L-bracket for LA-EA2?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Michael Johansson, Dec 29, 2012.

1. Michael Johansson

Michael Johansson TalkEmount Regular

Dec 15, 2012
    Ystad, Sweden
    Michael Johansson
    I just got a LA-EA2 adapter and need something to mount it on my tripods, all with ARCA clamps. As I have ARCA plates on other equipment I am thinking of a bracket or L-bracket. I have found a L from RRS at $80 plus PP at $34 which makes it very expensive.

Is there anybody out there who know any other brand of L-brackets for the LA-EA2?

2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Kirk has a short universal L-bracket but it costs more (double) than the RRS one. Come to think of it I have a Kirk universal sitting around here somewhere that I used on my *istD that's unemployed. You'd probably want to cut it down a bit though.

3. Michael Johansson

Dec 15, 2012
    Ystad, Sweden
    Michael Johansson
    Thanks for your reply. I will stick to an ordinary lensplate as it seems like an L-bracket on the LA-EA2 will interfere with the L-bracket on the camera.

4. Michael Johansson

Dec 15, 2012
    Ystad, Sweden
    Michael Johansson
    Now I have the answer to my problem!

I have just bought an used RRS LA-EA2 L-bracket. I got it very cheap so it was worth to gamle that it might interfere with the camera L-bracket.

But it doesn´t! As the "L" or the part that is used for portrait mode of the Sunwayfoto L-bracket is very thin I can have the camera bracket still on the camera while using the LA-EA2 adapter with its own L-bracket. The tripod clamp huggs the adapters portrait mode ARCA bracket without problems. Perfect!

5. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    I love it when a plan comes together!