Arca Compatible Foot for FE 70-200mm f/4.0 G OSS lens

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
I use Arca Compatible clamps on all of my tripods and monopods. I wish that Sony had cut grooves in the tripod foot of the FE 70-200mm f/4.0 G OSS lens so it could mount directly to the A/C clamps of the tripods or monopods. Canon doesn't do this either but, Sigma has grooves in the tripod feet of some of their lenses and that is certainly a nice addition. It certainly would not add much to the production costs...

Really Right Stuff makes a plate specifically for this lens: MPR-73. And Kirk just ofers a generic plate. But these still require adding an item between the lens and the A/C clamp.

I saw this replacement tripod ring on Amazon and have ordered it.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BK5D7BF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I hope it is a good fit and well made. However, the advantage of purchasing through Amazon is easy returns.

mstphoto

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Mike Stephen
I also use Arca Swiss style heads on my tripods.
My FE 70-200mm f/4.0 G OSS fits well and securely to them all.

Jeep Captain

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Jeff
I also use Arca Swiss style heads on my tripods.
My FE 70-200mm f/4.0 G OSS fits well and securely to them all.
So you didn't add an arca swiss plate to your foot? If that comes loose even a little bit, your lens and camera are tumbling to the ground.

Last edited:

SpecFoto

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Jim
I saw this replacement tripod ring on Amazon and have ordered it.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BK5D7BF/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Really Right Stuff makes a plate specifically for this lens: MPR-73. And Kirk just ofers a generic plate. But these still require adding an item between the lens and the A/C clamp.

I hope it is a good fit and well made. However, the advantage of purchasing through Amazon is easy returns.
Kirk makes a replacement collar too, but it is $169 (Amazon). Please let us know how you like the one by iShoot.

Jeep Captain

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Jeff
Nope, its as secure as it gets ;)
How? Am I missing something? Please explain. I know it fits and you can tighten down the arca swiss clamp onto the foot but there are no grooves or safety pins on the Sony 70-200 f/4 foot. If that arca swiss clamp gets even a little loose the whole thing drops out.

mstphoto

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Real Name
Mike Stephen
How? Am I missing something? Please explain. I know it fits and you can tighten down the arca swiss clamp onto the foot but there are no grooves or safety pins on the Sony 70-200 f/4 foot. If that arca swiss clamp gets even a little loose the whole thing drops out.
Possibly, but only if you don't tighten it properly in the first place.
I've never had a clamp come loose on me.
Perhaps I've just been lucky and also, I never walk around with the camera/lens still attached to the tripod.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom