1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Anypne have a Crystal Ball?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by NkedFatWhiteGuy, May 28, 2014.

1. NkedFatWhiteGuy

NkedFatWhiteGuy TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 28, 2013
    Portland, Oregon
    This may sound like a silly question, but what are your thoughts on upcoming E Mount body news/releases from Sony? Does anyone think there will be a new APS-C release? What about a weather sealed APS-C?

I have too often purchased a new camera (or phone, or laptop, or other piece of electronic equipment) and then had the manufacturer announce a replacement right after the return window has expired. I am thinking about pulling the trigger on the a6000, but I don't want to do that and then find out in July or August that there is an upcoming a7000 or some APS-C weather sealed body coming out.

I know that this is inevitable given technology refresh, but I don't want to get stuck with a camera that is no longer receiving firmware updates because it has been forgotten in the replacement cycle, so I am just checking to see if anyone has a Crystal Ball that I might borrow for a bit...

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  2. Hawkman

Hawkman TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    Sonyalpharumors.com is a good place to watch to see what might be coming up soon. With Photokina in September, there's bound to be something new. But it seems like the rumors are very vague so far w/r/t a new APS-C E-mount body.

That being said, I've given it some thought lately (daydreaming?), and I figure it would be fairly simple (as much as I can humbly understand such things) for Sony to do something like place the A6000's sensor, complete with all its added PDAF points, into the A7's body, with all its control dials, buttons, ports, stellar EVF and LCD. Call it an A7000 and I think it would be quite appealing to those looking for more NEX-7-like control in an APS-C mirrorless. You'd get the handling and control of an A7 with the rapid-fire auto-focusing of the A6000. Sound appealing to anyone?

• Like Like x 3
  3. NkedFatWhiteGuy

Oct 28, 2013
    Portland, Oregon
    Ah ha! Now that sounds like a great idea! Keep it weather resistant and plant that in my head and I just might change my mind about the a6000! I would love to have something that handles like that, in that body design, and WR.

I do check sonyalpharumors.com and fujirumors.com a couple of times a week which keeps me completely indecisive... sigh...

4. Bill

Bill TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 22, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    Bill
    I don't have a crystal ball, but I do have a Magic 8-Ball (you may remember them from your childhood).

So I asked it your two questions:

Will there will be a new APS-C release? It answered, "It Is Certain."

To your second question, "Will there be a weather sealed APS-C? The 8-Ball advised, "You May Rely On It."

Good news all around. I trust that was of help.

Bill

• Like Like x 8
  5. NkedFatWhiteGuy

Oct 28, 2013
    Portland, Oregon
    Woohoo!!! Finally something I can count on! Thanks Bill!