1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Anyone using Lenstag?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by pworden, May 19, 2014.

1. pworden

pworden TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 26, 2013
    State College, PA
    Patti
    I saw this today:
    http://petapixel.com/2014/05/19/ant...n-now-help-stop-gear-image-theft/#more-136337
    Sounds promising. I registered my a6000 and a couple of lenses I have with me. Wondered what to do about my NEX-6 I have posted on Ebay. Looks like I can register it, then post the verification link to show it's not stolen, then transfer it to the new owner.
    Reading comments, I saw one that said, in general, "...what's to keep a thief from registering your gear, since they can certainly take a shot of the serial number?" Reply was basically that a thief probably wouldn't bother, and whomever registers first, owns it as far as the app knows.
    The new feature about finding images is very interesting. I haven't taken much with the a6000 yet, but tonight I plan to register my NEX-6 and see what happens.

2. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Yep, it is simple and doesn't hurt. I'm not sure if it could recover my gear if it was stolen, but hey, it couldn't make it any worse either.

• Like Like x 1