Anyone heard of f11 magazine before?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Dioptrick, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    I have to admit, I have stopped reading photography magazines more than 10 years ago (too many ads, very little content, put me off for good).

A friend of mine just sent me a link of this e-magazine. Some really good content in the current issue! I can't believe it's free to download (or read on-line). I suppose they get their revenue from advertising. Looks like subscription is free too, by the looks of it. Great stuff, what a big change 10 years has made! :)

Enjoy...

f11 :: for photographers and aficionados

(I can imagine that being picture heavy, the site's server gets hammered. Sometimes I can get in and view everything easily... sometimes it takes a while to open.)

2. Phoenix

Phoenix TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 25, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Wow!!! a free to subscribe, ad light, e-mag. This find is pure gold. Many thanks to you and your pal who sent you the link.

3. pictogramax

pictogramax TalkEmount Regular

Apr 16, 2012
    Belgrade, Serbia
    I'm equally impressed and equally thankful! Great find!

4. Bugleone

Bugleone TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 21, 2011
    How do I subscribe from the UK?......the drop down menu only goes to 'Bangladesh'

5. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    I think you can email them directly and report the problem you're having.

6. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    wow thanks Dioptrick, you have an excellent information here, thank you very much friend, December / January 2012 it's amazing ...

7. Luiz Curcino

Luiz Curcino TalkEmount Veteran

Apr 27, 2012
    Uberlandia-MG Brasil
    Dioptrick, very nice link! This F11 Magazine is a great job! I can read online or download file!
    thanks for sharing.

8. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Looks like a fascinating magazine. Very simple to read and some good context.

I too got tired of photographic magazines, and magazines in general. Most of the magazine seems to be adds. You get one or two descent articles. However with the Internet you can find most of this information already.

I do still get two magazines, the National Geographic and a Church publication. Both of these I get electronically however. I love the electronic immersion, how they can link videos, animation and links directly into the magazine.