Anyone have or heard of the adapter made by dslr kit for es-f canon lens?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Benjamin, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Benjamin

Benjamin TalkEmount Regular

Ive ordered one off amazon (was the only one that said it could handle es-f lenses). There were no reviews though so not sure how much I can trust the product, dont wanna screw up my nex 7 or my lenses.
  2. Benjamin

Well it arrived today and it works great! So excited! Theres no aperture selector so I have em set at f/14 since the lense I will use em for will be for landscape. But for 10 dollars what can you expect? Just happy I can use my canon es-f lenses with my nex 7!!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Benjamin

Just an observation. Im planning to stick around for the long run, but if we want more people to come here or participate here, then maybe even if you don't know the the answer maybe reply with a suggestion. 88 views and not one comment, had to get advice off of g+. Just saying.....
  4. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Congrats on getting the lens working. :)

Sorry I missed this the first time around. I know nothing about Canon gear, but... ;)
  5. Bugleone

Bugleone TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 21, 2011
    I don't think you should read too much into your lack of responses. People here tend to only respond to stuff they ither recognise or know about and I think few have had a happy experience getting current canon lenses to 'handshake' with NEX.......

.....Also, you misspelt the lens description (EF-S) which may have put some people off.

You are not actually bound to f14 if you can set up the lenses on a canon EOS camera ...which might be useful to you....Also, for the detailed work you do (looking at your site) you might want to set slightly larger aperture to defeat diffraction. It's been claimed by serveral 'authorities' that the APS-C sensor gives the best results with apertures larger than f8...never really tested it myself, however, I always set my 18-55 (and canon FD lenses) to either f5.6 or f8 as this definately gives a better look to my 20x16 inch prints.

EDIT: You did well on the 10 dollar adaptor....'Adaptimax' here in the UK make a similar one (no electronics so no direct aperture control) but it retails at a staggering £250!!!!
  6. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Timing and topic are crucial, don't be disappointed. Often there is a flood of new posts, and yours just gets lost in the shuffle.

Additionally, if I don't know the answer, I am not going to guess and perhaps give wrong advice. I had no idea what a ES-F lens was:what:

Glad all is working well for ya, now lets see some pictures.
  7. claude

claude TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jan 13, 2013
    Ottawa Canada
    So to get this right, I can put say my 100-400L canon lens on my Canon dslr, set aperture to 6.3, take it off the camera and put it on my Nex with this adapter and voila!
  8. Bugleone

Bugleone TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 21, 2011
    Claude....Yes, that is my understanding, although I don't use EOS lenses myself.

Adaptors for NEX/EF are getting quite interesting ....there are basically th
    ee types now;

1) Purely mechanical adaptor with no provision for aperture change...cost about £5 on Ebay UK

2) Electronic adaptor that allows aperture change....cost about £100 on Ebay UK

3) Hybrid type adaptor wit it's own built in iris diaphragm to allow some aperture control...cost about £10 to £20...see here;
    • Like Like x 2
  9. xXx1

xXx1 TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 15, 2013
    I have been interested about the third variety as there are some eos lenses that don't work with current eos cameras (Sigma 400mm apo?) and are quite cheap but optically quite good.
    • Like Like x 1