Anyone have any issues with Fotodiox adapters?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by BruPri, Aug 20, 2011.

1. BruPri

BruPri TalkEmount Regular

Aug 7, 2011
    First one I had the tripod mount pulled off due to stripped threads, this one which is supposed to be the "pro" model is not mounted 90 degrees to the body...I'll contact them tomorrow and see what they say. I'm sure they'll be willing to exchange but hope they can get me a good one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Travisennis

Travisennis TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    Jasper, Indiana
    I have the same issue with my Fotodiox Contax/Yashica adapter. I bought a RainbowImaging one instead, because it doesn't have the tripod mount, which I don't use anyway. I will also say that not only was the tripod mount not properly aligned, but the thing really leaked light through the lens release tab. The RainbowImaging adapters do as well, but to a lesser degree. I never had those issues with the Fotodiox m4/3 adapters, but the Nex adapters really leave something to be desired. Having said that, both Fotodiox and RainbowImaging sell Lecia M adapters that work very well.

3. BruPri

Aug 7, 2011
    @Travis...is that the Fotasy adpator? I have one of those as well and it's fine...just that I paid a premium for the one with the mount as it allows me to use my larger Nikon lenses and also have access to the battery and card doors without removing my shoe.

4. Travisennis

Aug 7, 2011
    Jasper, Indiana
    None of my adapters say Fotasy. The ones I bought from RainbowImaging just have 'Co/Y - NEX' printed on them and my Fotodiox is branded by that name.

5. BruPri

Aug 7, 2011
    Well I ordered through Amazon from Rainbow Imaging and received a Fotasy NIKON-NEX labeled one, I understand others have experienced the same deal so just wondering. thx!

6. Travisennis

Aug 7, 2011
    Jasper, Indiana
    I ordered through Amazon as well and find that more times than not the product image doesn't match the actual adapter I received. Fortunately, I have always liked the looks of the adapters they have sent me.

7. navinmahabir

navinmahabir New to TalkEmount

This might not be fully relevant, but I recently bought a Fotodiox adapter from Amazon for my Olympus. It works flawlessly, fits well, and is of decent build quality. It's one of the best photographic $20 I've ever spent. From everything I've read online, it seems some of their earlier models were a bit crappy. But quality of their adapters may have improved over time.