• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Anybody try the Techart Pro AF Leica M adapter yet?

newst

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Steve New
While it will work, JonathanF2 is correct in that the more adapters you mount the more chances for problems you introduce. I would also recommend using direct Leica M to xxx adapters. They are generally inexpensive.

If you are interested in the TAP this website provides the largest single collection of user data I have found in one place: Techart PRO AF adapter now In Stock!

msgill

New to TalkEmount
  1. it should work, but just realize you're stacking 3 adapters onto the camera (TAP + EOS L/M adapter + X to EOS adapter). Unless you have quite a variety of different lenses, I'd at least try getting an 'X' to Leica M mount adapter for the lenses you use most. Each adapter can possibly add a bit of flex, possible light leaks and tolerance variables. Even though Techart says it's safe to mount under 700 grams, less weight is alw
    Thanks for quick response JonathanF2. Being on budget adopting this way.

Last edited:

msgill

New to TalkEmount
I am wondering if anyone is using Fotodiox Yashica AF lens adapter to Sony E mount and may like share experience. I have few lens of film days gathering dust.

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
Conceptually, TAP simply moves the lens in and out from the body to achieve focus. It does not really "know" what you have stacked on top of it, just that it has to move the lens in or out. So with JonathanF2's caveats in mind, it should work.

sesser

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
randy
This is probably a long shot, but anyone need a LM -> QBM adapter? I have one that I bought new but never used.

sesser

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
randy
That's a new one on me Randy.
What's a QBM mount?
Heh, yeah. It's kind of obscure. It's the old Rollei SL35 mount. Majority of the lenses made in this mount were Carl Zeiss optics. Early ones were made by CZJ in West Germany but most were made by Rollei in Singapore. Still Zeiss designs though with T* coatings. :)

AlwaysOnAuto

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
I think I've seen a couple of those Rollei SL35's on the Goodwill site. Always wondered what kind of mount they used as the lenses looked like good ones to me.

msgill

New to TalkEmount
For Sony a7ii want to add a battery grip of third party. Having few Minolta AF lenses with Sony LAEA 4 and TAP LM-EA 7 is in the mail. If these adapters are attached with camera will fit smoothly and not hit the edges of battery grip. Your comments will help to make a purchase decision.

JonathanF2

TalkEmount All-Pro
For Sony a7ii want to add a battery grip of third party. Having few Minolta AF lenses with Sony LAEA 4 and TAP LM-EA 7 is in the mail. If these adapters are attached with camera will fit smoothly and not hit the edges of battery grip. Your comments will help to make a purchase decision.

Not sure about the LA-EA4, but I'm presuming it should fit. Also I know for a fact at least the original Sony grip for the A7II will clear the TAP. So feel free to buy it!

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
Dive into the menus and enable "Release w/o lens". I am not sure the TAP would need this as it is effectively "the lens", but I am not at home so I cannot check to be sure.

tino84

TalkEmount Regular
Dive into the menus and enable "Release w/o lens". I am not sure the TAP would need this as it is effectively "the lens", but I am not at home so I cannot check to be sure.

It’s not that ( release Was yet enabled ).
Al the end I just unscrewed a little screws of contacs, pushed a little, and screwed: the magic happend and the TAP has begun to work!

Hin Man

TalkEmount Veteran

29547719487_5d81cbdb69_h.jpg
   ---            

20180804-DSC03238

by Hin Man, on Flickr
TAP + Voiglander 21mm f/1.8 and A7r2

The shot was made in MF mode. In normal shooting, the TAP adapter works really well in AF with the Voiglander 21mm f/1.8. I love many things in this wide lens but one thing I have the biggest issue is on the distortion on the extreme ends. LR lens profile doesn't correct the distortion when the lighthouse was shot away from middle.

Cheers,
Hin

Last edited:

Hin Man

TalkEmount Veteran

Latest threads

Top Bottom