1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Anybody knows the brand SIRUI?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Poki, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    As you know, I'm building my summer travel photo kit at the moment. You already helped me finding my perfect backpack (thank you!), but I'll need a lighter, smaller tripod as well (currently use the Manfrotto Compact Photo Kit MKC3-P02, which is fine, but I want something a little bit smaller, lighter and more stable).

So, per accident I found the brand SIRUI. I found it by looking where to buy a Rollei X4i, and the SIRUI T-025X is exactly the same, only made of carbon fibre instead of aluminum. But I don't know the brand. Anybody made any experiences with SIRUI or even with their ultra light tripods?

2. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    I've got a couple of friends with Sirui tripods, they're pretty good. They don't have name brand profile of the big boys, but they're made of pretty much the same quality materials while cheaper. They are pretty big in Asia (I have a Jusino tripod which I reckon is even a tier down from Sirui but completely happy with it)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

3. Poki

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    They are big in Asia? As a german company?

Whatever, I just ordered one of their tripods (the T-005X), which is just about the same as the Rollei X4i but cheaper. They also have the same model made of carbon fibre, but it costs double the price ... If I don't like it, at least I've the C-10X head it comes with, which costs almost as much as the tripod itself when purchased separately and which is said to be absolutely fantastic.

4. quezra

quezra TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Maybe it's just Singapore but they have a very impressive store presence at some of the specialty camera shops, spotlit glass displays and stuff, which is clearly trying to shout "quality"

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

5. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Since you will be hiking, have you considered a monopod?

6. Poki

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Very interesting! I live in Austria, which is directly beneath Germany with the same language and still I never heard of the brand. But all I've found out about them was good (well, except some plastic parts in their tripods, but they'll replace them under a 6 year warranty).

No. I cannot use a monopod, because I'll use the tripod mostly for landscape work (including long exposures with ND filters and HDRs) and of course at night for landscapes. I think 30 second exposures aren't that great with a monopod. ;)

7. Tabibito

Tabibito TalkEmount Regular

Apr 1, 2013
    I have a T-005 (max load 4 kg), which is the alumunium version of T-025 (carbon fibre, max load 6 kg). It's sturdy enough to support my NEX-5N with all its legs & center column extended. The build quality is great and does not disappoint at its price.

8. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    I've never used any of the products but they are popular here in China. They tend to be displayed with the big boys rather than with cheap stuff.

9. Johnnydrz

Johnnydrz New to TalkEmount

Mar 18, 2013
    Mirabel, Quebec, Canada
    Jean Bellemare
    Hi, first post here but been using a 5N since November 2011 and now switched to a NEX-6 a month ago. I have been using the Sirui T-025X for the last few weeks. My primary concern was weight and compactness. I snowshoe, x-country ski, hike and mountain bike depending on the season and conditions (I live 1/2 hour north of Montreal). This is my first lightweight tripod and so far very happy with it. The 025X has a removable center column, which, when removed, makes the tripod even more stable, at the expense of having a lower max height. But for me, it's a compromise I'm ready to live with since I want to be able to carry it as often as possible. Big pros: size and weight. Small con: max "usable" height might be lower than what you might want. The C-10 ballhead seems to score very high among users. I really like it too.

Cheers,

Jean