1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

any new camera coming soon?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by alaios, Jul 19, 2014.

1. alaios

alaios TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    Hi,
    I just wonder if there would be any new camera coming soon? It looks like that there are not many announcements so far.

Regards
    A

2. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    There is always a new camera coming soon. ;)

It's pretty sure Sony will introduce the A77II and A99II soon. As for E-Mount cameras, there's probably a new NEX-FS video camera in the pipeline. As for E-Mount still cameras, we probably won't see anything new the rest of this year apart from maybe a small update to the A3000 or A5000.

3. NkedFatWhiteGuy

NkedFatWhiteGuy TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 28, 2013
    Portland, Oregon
    I hope so. I could use a few more months of not wishing I had waited a bit longer before buying Sony Camera X!

4. Poki

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Most updates are pretty small. So don't worry, you will get good use out of any Sony camera you'll buy today. And even if a big update comes - hey, it doesn't make your camera any less brilliant than it has been before.

5. alaios

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    what is the NEX-FS camera? Emount camera?

6. Poki

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Yep, these are professional APS-C E-Mount video cameras, like the NEX-FS700.

7. alaios

Jan 11, 2013
    Düsseldorf
    Alex
    so that would be a video camera and not a photocamera. Right?

8. pjtan25

pjtan25 TalkEmount Regular

Dec 26, 2011
    What I would like to see are more FE lenses....

9. Manu-4Vendetta

Manu-4Vendetta TalkEmount Regular

Apr 7, 2013
    Dominican Republic
    Emmanuel Peña
    I have a thought the last days.

I guess and dont knowif you have asked the same question, if Sony implemented the sensitivity of A7s in their APSC line in the future.

10. Poki

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    Of course the advances Sony makes with sensor technology, especially in the 1" and 35mm departments currently, will make it to APS-C sooner or later. I guess the NEX-7 replacement will be the first to show what Sony can do with APS-C sensors.

11. Yohan

Yohan TalkEmount Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Yohan
    85mm!!!!
    100mm!!!
    135mm!!!

any one of those three.

12. Bill

Bill TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 22, 2012
    Brisbane, Australia
    Bill
    I fear that Sony will not "replace" the NEX-7. I think their view is that anyone who wants something above the A6000 should buy an A7. The A7 price point is about where the NEX-7 was on introduction, and the intro FE 55mm lens is priced where the 24mm was.

13. Poki

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    As Sony is big in business with high-end Super 35mm video cameras, I doubt they'll let the high-end APS-C still camera business go to their competition - they have to invest in sensor developing at that sensor size anyway. Especially since the APS-C E-Mount line-up is pretty awesome.