Any lens as good as Minolta MD35-70/3!5 Macro, but with better bokeh ?

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by Amamba, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Amamba

Amamba TalkEmount All-Pro

Apr 13, 2013
    SE MI
    I love my Minolta 35-70. It's on my camera most of the time, it's an amazing lens with great IQ, prime like sharpness, Minolta colors, fairly portable, easy to focus, at 35mm still wide enough for most situations. That + Sigma 19 + a 2x TC make a perfect high quality, small size travel combo covering wide to 140mm.

My only complaint is the bokeh... The out of focus highlights are kind of ugly, especially stopped down, they look like small hexagons.

So, is there another legacy lens with an equally great IQ, good colors, reasonable size, but better bokeh ? Or am I asking too much ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
  2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    I have a 28-80mm Sigma that has great results, with Macro through out the range.

I have lenses with better bokeh, but this a great lens.

3. Hin Man

Hin Man TalkEmount Regular

Jan 18, 2013

The lens need a good lens hood; otherwise, I recall seeing quite a bit of flare. The BBAR MC seem not to do a good job as advertised. I recommend this lens especially if 1:2.5 close up fits your needs in a zoom. This zoom is likely heavier and bigger than the Minolta one and with a lens hood, it can be bulky on the NEX. I have not tried it once on my NEX due to the bulky combination with NEX plus adapter. Now that I have a Lens Turbo, I may give that a try. LT is heavier but shorter than the regular adapter.