Any full featured adapters for other systems with good AF speed ?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by Amamba, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Amamba

Amamba TalkEmount All-Pro

Apr 13, 2013
    SE MI
    I have LA-EA2 that I use with an A-mount Sigma UWA, as a cheap alternative to 10-18. The focusing speed and accuracy are good. I am however hesitant to invest in other A mount lenses, primary because none of them have stabilization. E.g. Tamron 70-300 that I used on Canon is stabilized in EF mount but not in A mount (although price is the same).

So, is there any adapter for any other system that provides AF confirm AND fast AF like LA-EA2 ? I checked out the reviews of Metabones adapter for Canon EF, and it looks like AF is very slow.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

2. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    I have Metabones SB (nex) & III (FF) adapters and yes, af is slow. III has a recent firmware which focuses w more Canon lenses. Still it doesn't af w/ some of Sigma ef lenses. The advantage is image stabilization work w/ ef lenses where Sony A mount lenses doesn't have stabilization. Also there is contax g af adapter, again slow af but the motorized mf is much smoother then other mf adapters. So only Sony adapters has fast af. Sony just released LA-EA4 which is compatible w/ A7/A7R.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.