1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Any full featured adapters for other systems with good AF speed ?

Discussion in 'Sony Alpha E-Mount Cameras' started by Amamba, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Amamba

Amamba TalkEmount All-Pro

Apr 13, 2013
    SE MI
    I have LA-EA2 that I use with an A-mount Sigma UWA, as a cheap alternative to 10-18. The focusing speed and accuracy are good. I am however hesitant to invest in other A mount lenses, primary because none of them have stabilization. E.g. Tamron 70-300 that I used on Canon is stabilized in EF mount but not in A mount (although price is the same).

So, is there any adapter for any other system that provides AF confirm AND fast AF like LA-EA2 ? I checked out the reviews of Metabones adapter for Canon EF, and it looks like AF is very slow.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

2. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
    I have Metabones SB (nex) & III (FF) adapters and yes, af is slow. III has a recent firmware which focuses w more Canon lenses. Still it doesn't af w/ some of Sigma ef lenses. The advantage is image stabilization work w/ ef lenses where Sony A mount lenses doesn't have stabilization. Also there is contax g af adapter, again slow af but the motorized mf is much smoother then other mf adapters. So only Sony adapters has fast af. Sony just released LA-EA4 which is compatible w/ A7/A7R.