Any Fuji users here?

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by WT21, Jul 31, 2016.

1. WT21

WT21 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2011
    I have an a7 and a6000, and there are some things that I am finding limiting or annoying.

Would like to talk with anyone who is using or has used the one-gen back Fujis (XT1 or XT10) vs the gen-back Sony (a7, a6000) -- I don't have the budget for the newest bodies.

My areas of concern:
    • a7 false-positive focus lock with AF-C (I get this far too frequently)
    • Weak jpgs
    • Weak battery life
    • Building a compact travel/size/affordable but good output lens collection
    • Really poor startup time if the camera has been sitting for some time (more of annoyance than a deal breaker)

But in the Fujis, I see limits with
    • overstated ISO and not as good high ISO
    • Poor face detect AF and weak AF-C in general
    Wondering about other people's experience if you moved from Fuji XT1/XT10/XE2 back to Sony (assuming anyone who moved from Sony to Fuji is not on this board) or if you have both.

Would do PM, too, if people don't want too "trollish" of a conversation in public.
  2. metalmania

metalmania TalkEmount Regular

Dec 3, 2014
    I have both the X-T10 and a7ii, a7rii. I used to have a6000 and a7. The reason I sold my a6000 and a7 while keeping X-T10 is that X-T10 gives me better experience on both image quality and AF. For low light conditions, a6000 and a7 has no big advantage over X-T10. I can live with that. X-T10 with 35/2.0 and 90/2.0 has extremely fast AF. AF-C is not bad either. There is no "center button lock-on" on X-T10, but it's still quite usable in tracking. Face detection? I totally do not like this function on both Fuji and Sony cameras. I found this function is too bad comparing to that on an Olympus E-M5. But I did find one annoying thing about X-T10: under some LED light in a studio, no matter AF-S or AF-C, the camera will miss focus. It's like give you a fake beep and later you find all the focuses are off. I could use flash with X-T10 to get perfect focus. So in the end, X-T10 is for street works. My a7ii and a7rii work for all conditions.