• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Another visitor from mu-43 forum

Levster

TalkEmount Rookie
Real Name
Chris
Hi, I'm a long time convert to Mirrorless, having started with a Panasonic G1 back in 2010. After a brief relationship with Canon APC sensor cameras I quickly reverted back to Mirrorless in the shape of a Panasonic GX1. I now currently own a Panasonic GX9 and a few lenses, but the allure of FF has proven too strong! I've bought a used A7II and 24-70/4 to give the Sony system a try and I'm awaiting the arrival of a Samyang 35/2.8 and Sony 55/1.8 to cover the bases that I most often used. So far I've only used the system indoors in the evening, and with focus nailed I'm impressed with the output:

20180914-20180914-DSC00279.jpg
ILCE-7M2    FE 24-70mm F4 ZA OSS    70mm    f/4.0    1/80s    ISO 2000

I'm looking forward to a weekend of properly trying out the camera!

Iansky

TalkEmount Regular
Real Name
Ian Lloyd-Graham
Nice image Levster, I know you from the Micro Four thirds forum and have also recently bought into the Sony family, I am very impressed with the IQ and like you I also have the Sony Zeiss 24-70 f4 OSS lens and cannot fault it - it really performs well on the Sony and delivers superb IQ.

Enjoy the ride but beware it may draw you in further :biggrin:

Levster

TalkEmount Rookie
Real Name
Chris
Nice image Levster, I know you from the Micro Four thirds forum and have also recently bought into the Sony family, I am very impressed with the IQ and like you I also have the Sony Zeiss 24-70 f4 OSS lens and cannot fault it - it really performs well on the Sony and delivers superb IQ.

Enjoy the ride but beware it may draw you in further :biggrin:

Yeah... I’m seriously concerned for my wallet! I’m really impressed with the 24-70/4. After all of the negative reviews I was expecting the worst, whereas what I’ve got is a very sharp and versatile lens that doesn’t weigh a ton and is not a millions miles away in terms of size from the Mu43 equivalent.

quezra

TalkEmount All-Pro
Welcome!

Yeah... I’m seriously concerned for my wallet! I’m really impressed with the 24-70/4. After all of the negative reviews I was expecting the worst, whereas what I’ve got is a very sharp and versatile lens that doesn’t weigh a ton and is not a millions miles away in terms of size from the Mu43 equivalent.
Just remember there's a lot of hyperbole on the Internet. And brand warriors. Brand warriors hyperbolizing are the worst :tomato2:

bdbits

Super Moderator
Real Name
Bob
:Welcome:

Sony lenses do tend to get pricey. As with the Samyang you've ordered, the 3rd-party lenses have really come along nicely recently and can provide a very good value.

And if you are comfortable with lenses adapted from other mounts, there are a ton of options that work well on Sony emount. You can find many examples here on the site. :)

Latest threads

Top Bottom