1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Another starry night shot :-)

Discussion in 'Nature' started by markoneswift, Mar 27, 2014.

1. markoneswift

markoneswift TalkEmount Veteran

Oct 17, 2012
    Taken late evening from my back yard with NEX C3 / Samyang 8mm :-

<iframe src="https://www.flickr.com/photos/55578821@N02/13421158973/player/" width="620" height="1024" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

• Like Like x 8
  2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Like the colors!!! Not much of a fisheye effect fan myself though :)

3. markoneswift

Oct 17, 2012
    Thanks Nick - I bet you wouldn't even know it was a fisheye if I cropped out the tree and house at the bottom lol. I only left them in because I felt I would loose too much of the star field if I cropped them off. One of these days, I'm going to get myself a perfectly clear night away from town -can't wait to see the result then with an uncluttered foreground and jet black sky :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. markoneswift

Oct 17, 2012
    Thanks Nick - I bet you wouldn't even know it was a fisheye if I cropped out the tree and house at the bottom lol. I only left them in because I felt I would loose too much of the star field if I cropped them off. One of these days, I'm going to get myself a perfectly clear night away from town -can't wait to see the result then with an uncluttered foreground and jet black sky :)

5. tomme

tomme TalkEmount Regular

Apr 9, 2014
    Norway
    Tom Erik Sivertsen
    Very nice, how do you like the samyang 8mm fisheye ?

6. markoneswift

Oct 17, 2012
    I like it a lot, it's a great little lens with a BIG image and it's really sharp too. I like the fact you can set the F stop to pretty much anything above F/5.6 and get a huge depth of field with everything in the image in focus. Used carefully, it's possible to get really usable landscape shots or crazy distortion if you prefer.
    For the price of the lens, it's a great buy.

7. tomme

tomme TalkEmount Regular

Apr 9, 2014
    Norway
    Tom Erik Sivertsen
    Wondering to get this lens for my a7r, just as a fun lens on vacation when I want the fisheye look :)