1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hi-Res Another post of a pano

Discussion in 'Hi-Res' started by slothead, Aug 9, 2015.

1. slothead

slothead TalkEmount Top Veteran

Mar 1, 2015
    Maryland
    Tom
    I posted this in the E-mount lens forum since it deals with the Sony FE f/2 28mm lens, but I wanted to post it here too so I could use the loupe function to easily examine the details.

This is a two-frame pano (just a test really of making a pano using a wide-angle lens), on the a7R at 1/2500, f/16 and ISO1600 (as mentioned elsewhere, I obviously forgot to dial the ISO back down after another darker environment).

[​IMG]

Now looking at it with the loupe, I see that I messed up the sky with my post processing (too much sharpening) and I also see a dust particle (or whatever it is) on the sensor. Skies are good for showing stuff like that. I'm going to fix that and back out of the sky sharpening and repost it.

Here it is again with the dust spot removed, the sharpening backed off and my copyright added (just for kicks).

[​IMG]

Feel free to comment.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  2. slothead

slothead TalkEmount Top Veteran

Mar 1, 2015
    Maryland
    Tom
    Interestingly, with Amin's need to eliminate the loupe function, these images are just sorta - well - images. Not nearly as neat a tool as the loupe was for us.

3. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Well, 1st, I'm not qualified to 'critique' anything anyone else does...and 2nd, I'm viewing things on a 4+ year old laptop. With that established, I'll respond to your invitation:

A) I think they're both great shots of a terrific scene.
    B) I applaud your technical savvy to produce a panoramic like this.
    C) I liked the stronger definition of the mountains and clouds in #1.
    I understand about rolling back some of the sharpening effect...but wondering if there is enough latitude to find a more middle ground that would not make the sharpening as obvious yet make the definition of the mountains & clouds a little stronger.

But bottom line, hats off to you !