Another Option: Sigma 15-30mm f/3.5-4.5

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by metalmania, Jul 17, 2016.

1. metalmania

metalmania TalkEmount Regular

Dec 3, 2014
    USA
    I wanted to get the Canon 16-35mm f/4L or the Tamron 15-30mm f/2.8 lens adapted for A7ii. Well over almost one year's wait, I picked up a $230 excellent condition Sigma 15-30mm lens. Photozone has a review here: Sigma AF 15-30mm f/3.5-4.5 EX DG - Review / Lab Test Report

It's heavy, bulky and noisy when focusing. But IQ is pretty good and when mounted on MC-11 or MB4 with a7ii, the AF is fast and accurate. Can't believe it is such an old lens! If you are on the same boat wondering to get a 16-35mm lens, this Sigma lens might be another option.

I didn't have chance to do some landscapes, here are just a few in the city.

3BXLumA.

AQvLV2p.

t7EOn3U.

• Like Like x 6
  2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    I've been wanting to get the fe 16-35 for some time but due to it being a bit pricey, I've been also looking at other adapted options as well (mostly minolta, sigma, tamron 17-35 etc) but was sadly unimpressed with the IQ I've seen from these :( 
    This Sigma 15-30 seems to be good so thanks for sharing - I'll take a better look at it ;) 

Edit: just noticed its front element with no filter thread so its a no go for me :( 

3. GabrielPhoto

GabrielPhoto TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    Did you try the Tamron 15-30mm? It's fantastic but you won't be able to use regular filters though.

4. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    No, haven't tried it - no filter thread is a no go for me :) 

• Like Like x 1
  5. JonathanF2

JonathanF2 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2014
    Los Angeles, USA
    Nice! I owned this lens back in the day for Nikon mount. I remember it being quite sharp!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.