Another Option: Sigma 15-30mm f/3.5-4.5

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by metalmania, Jul 17, 2016.

1. metalmania

metalmania TalkEmount Regular

Dec 3, 2014
    I wanted to get the Canon 16-35mm f/4L or the Tamron 15-30mm f/2.8 lens adapted for A7ii. Well over almost one year's wait, I picked up a $230 excellent condition Sigma 15-30mm lens. Photozone has a review here: Sigma AF 15-30mm f/3.5-4.5 EX DG - Review / Lab Test Report

It's heavy, bulky and noisy when focusing. But IQ is pretty good and when mounted on MC-11 or MB4 with a7ii, the AF is fast and accurate. Can't believe it is such an old lens! If you are on the same boat wondering to get a 16-35mm lens, this Sigma lens might be another option.

I didn't have chance to do some landscapes, here are just a few in the city.

• Like Like x 6
  2. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    I've been wanting to get the fe 16-35 for some time but due to it being a bit pricey, I've been also looking at other adapted options as well (mostly minolta, sigma, tamron 17-35 etc) but was sadly unimpressed with the IQ I've seen from these :(
    This Sigma 15-30 seems to be good so thanks for sharing - I'll take a better look at it ;)

Edit: just noticed its front element with no filter thread so its a no go for me :(
  3. shaolin95

shaolin95 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jul 3, 2013
    Did you try the Tamron 15-30mm? It's fantastic but you won't be able to use regular filters though.
  4. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    No, haven't tried it - no filter thread is a no go for me :)
    • Like Like x 1
  5. JonathanF2

JonathanF2 TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2014
    Nice! I owned this lens back in the day for Nikon mount. I remember it being quite sharp!