• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Another one from a wet and windy UK!

christilou

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Christina
Hello, my name is Christina and I'm a cameraholic! I've been a member of Micro Four Thirds and also Serious Compacts for some time now and thought I should make it a hat trick. I've been using numerous cameras over the past few years and have never settled on one. I had a NEX 5 when they first arrived on the scene but moved on to something else after that! Currently I'm running an Olympus EM5, Fuji X Pro 1 and Pentax K-01. I succumbed once again to the NEX 5N having heard that it's much improved over the original 5 and is a good price at the moment. I have some elderly glass, Contax G 45, Contax G 90, Hexanon 35 and 40 1.8 (I think I bought some of these from Kevin (Dixey) a long time ago :) I'm a housewife and you'll generally find that I post mainly pics of our dog and my three grown up daughters peppered with the occasional trip abroad. I'm the master of 101 ways to photograph the dog!

nianys

TalkEmount All-Pro
Wow, welcome Christilou, it's a breath of fresh air to find another mom with more cameras than I have, lol. The only other cam that makes me eye twitch aside the NEX 6 (which I have) is the XE-1... How do you like your X1 Pro ??

teefin1

TalkEmount Top Veteran
Welcome Christina, I'm a UK mum too, hope your 5n brings you much joy! Claire, I saw a utube review today between nex 6 and x-ei, camera store TV. Check it out.......especially the AF part ;)

christilou

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Christina
Thank you for your kind welcomes :) I forgot to post my flickr link

Flickr: christilou1's Photostream

Nianys, your photos of your daughter are exquisite and I've book marked your tutorial on flash already. I've been allergic to flash and nervous of trying it but I'm going to follow your step by step and see what happens.

The X Pro 1 is a beautiful camera and the 35mm 1.4 lens is capable of making the most mundane things look good. I have to say that I'm finding it hard to get it to focus where I want it though. Probably would get to know it's foibles much better if I just stuck to the one camera!

Bimjo

Super Moderator
Real Name
Jim
Welcome, welcome. The talknex family grows every day it seems. With the quality of the photos I'm seeing of late I'm going to have to buckle down and concentrate on my pics. :)

christilou

TalkEmount All-Pro
Real Name
Christina
My photos are just like everyone else's I guess, some hits and a whole lot more misses!!!

nianys

TalkEmount All-Pro
My photos are just like everyone else's I guess, some hits and a whole lot more misses!!!

Hmm, I'd say you're being a little overly modest here... Your shots are stunning, I'm surprised you're not being featured on sites, printed, published, etc.

Latest threads

Top Bottom