1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Another one from a wet and windy UK!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by christilou, Nov 26, 2012.

1. christilou

christilou TalkEmount Veteran

Nov 26, 2012
    Surrey, UK
    Christina
    Hello, my name is Christina and I'm a cameraholic! I've been a member of Micro Four Thirds and also Serious Compacts for some time now and thought I should make it a hat trick. I've been using numerous cameras over the past few years and have never settled on one. I had a NEX 5 when they first arrived on the scene but moved on to something else after that! Currently I'm running an Olympus EM5, Fuji X Pro 1 and Pentax K-01. I succumbed once again to the NEX 5N having heard that it's much improved over the original 5 and is a good price at the moment. I have some elderly glass, Contax G 45, Contax G 90, Hexanon 35 and 40 1.8 (I think I bought some of these from Kevin (Dixey) a long time ago :) I'm a housewife and you'll generally find that I post mainly pics of our dog and my three grown up daughters peppered with the occasional trip abroad. I'm the master of 101 ways to photograph the dog!

2. nianys

nianys TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Wow, welcome Christilou, it's a breath of fresh air to find another mom with more cameras than I have, lol. The only other cam that makes me eye twitch aside the NEX 6 (which I have) is the XE-1... How do you like your X1 Pro ??

3. Dioptrick

Dioptrick TalkEmount All-Pro

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Sounds like an introduction to an intervention meeting, lol! Oh, you're in fine company here... welcome! :D

4. teefin1

teefin1 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 7, 2012
    Welcome Christina, I'm a UK mum too, hope your 5n brings you much joy! Claire, I saw a utube review today between nex 6 and x-ei, camera store TV. Check it out.......especially the AF part ;)

5. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Welcome!!! :)

6. christilou

Nov 26, 2012
    Surrey, UK
    Christina
    Thank you for your kind welcomes :) I forgot to post my flickr link

Flickr: christilou1's Photostream

Nianys, your photos of your daughter are exquisite and I've book marked your tutorial on flash already. I've been allergic to flash and nervous of trying it but I'm going to follow your step by step and see what happens.

The X Pro 1 is a beautiful camera and the 35mm 1.4 lens is capable of making the most mundane things look good. I have to say that I'm finding it hard to get it to focus where I want it though. Probably would get to know it's foibles much better if I just stuck to the one camera!

7. Dioptrick

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Wow, some really classy portraits in your flickr link Christina!

8. nianys

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    WOW, your shots are really impressive...

9. teefin1

Sep 7, 2012
    Beautiful, beautiful portraits and gorgeous models!

10. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Welcome, welcome. The talknex family grows every day it seems. With the quality of the photos I'm seeing of late I'm going to have to buckle down and concentrate on my pics. :)

11. christilou

Nov 26, 2012
    Surrey, UK
    Christina
    My photos are just like everyone else's I guess, some hits and a whole lot more misses!!!

12. teefin1

Sep 7, 2012
    Mebbe, but them some hits are something else!

13. nianys

Aug 23, 2012
    France
    Hmm, I'd say you're being a little overly modest here... Your shots are stunning, I'm surprised you're not being featured on sites, printed, published, etc.

14. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    Yeah, I agree wow really good stuff ..... very nice photos

15. freddytto

freddytto TalkEmount All-Pro

Dec 2, 2011
    Puebla, Mexico
    Chris welcome to the group and we hope you enjoy , we are a beautiful family and is growing every day. : O

16. Dioptrick

Feb 4, 2012
    New Zealand
    Are you blushing yet, Christina? :eek: