• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

An orchid...

lapdog99

TalkEmount Veteran
I wonder what the ratio of legacy glass photos to Sony e lens photos is? Very nice. Have you heard about "stacked focus" in macro photography yet (multiple shots with slight changes in DOF, composited into one photo)?

Dioptrick

TalkEmount All-Pro
That is one of the best compositions I've seen of an orchid shot. I like the way you didn't include the entire flower which created that stunning image.

I also used to have that lens (one of my favourites), I regret selling it. :( That lens is so sharp that it has captured the texture of the petal surfaces which I initially mistook for high grainy ISO... until I saw your exposure info stating that it's ISO 200. At first I wondered why part of the image is grainy and part of it is not.

Very well done!

jfazer

TalkEmount Regular
Thank you very much for all your comments! I'm glad you like it!

For this pic, I took 6 photos, and then I stacked with "zerene stacker" to improve the DOF. Is the first time I use this program.
Dioptric, you're right about the grain's comment. There's no noise. You're seeing the petals' texture.

Here's another composition of the same subject: Orchidaceae [+1 in comments...] | Flickr - Photo Sharing! (you must go to the comments to see it)

Latest posts

Top Bottom