• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

An experiment with JPEG in Lightroom

roundball

TalkEmount Legend
With the discovery that Lightoom doesn’t offer a lot for my JPEGs I don’t use it much. But one feature it does have that seems to work with JPEGs consists of the individual color sliders for Hue, Saturation, and Luminance.
I shot this scene yesterday and while an interesting layout, thought the Conehead flowers were sort of dull / flat. I just ran it through Lightroom and experimented with those sliders a little…found I was able to bring up the color of the flowers using the Red and Orange sliders for Saturation and Luminance. (Using the global sliders like Vibrance or Saturation made the greens too hot).
But I thought the Red and Orange sliders were pretty selective / helpful in improving the colors of the flowers and the little clump of Broom Sage on the right...plus the added benefit of making the faint area of sunlight on the tree trunk stronger, as well as making the greens of the Red Cedar on the left more natural looking.

BEFORE
View attachment 61889
AFTER View attachment 61890

Last edited:

Latest threads

Top Bottom