1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

An affordable camera...

Discussion in 'Other Systems' started by NickCyprus, Oct 8, 2013.

1. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
  2. Poki

Poki TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    My guess is this will sell closer to a million than half a million. It's the first and only camera ever designed by Jonathan Ive, after all. And it's actually beautiful.

By the way, I would absolutely love to see a comparison of the €6000 Leica 50mm f/2 Summicron (the one launched together with the M Monochrom) and the new Zeiss 55mm f/1.4 Otus (which they claim to be the 'best standard lens ever created').

3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    People are dumb.

It is a nice looking camera.

4. Poki

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    I don't think so. It's for charity. If you were rich, could you think of any better way of donating?

5. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Yeah, for a Larry Ellison or Bill Gates, half a mil is a rounding error. :D

• Like Like x 1
  6. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Missed the "it's for charity" line.

7. RT_Panther

RT_Panther TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 9, 2011
    I don't have any "Leica envy/hate/jealousy". Hey I figure let folks buy & use whatever floats their boat!
    And for the record, all of the Leica owners that I've personally met have absolutely no air of superiority about them.

8. Poki

Aug 30, 2011
    Austria
    I just can say if I had the money (read: earn relatively good) I'd definitely choose a Leica M with some Leica lenses as my camera (the only thing I'd prefer as a main camera is a Phase One, but I will never be able to afford this ...). It's not that it's sensor is superior to the competition, or that the lenses are optically so much better (Zeiss Touits / Otus' are VERY nice), it's the feeling when shooting with it. It's totally inspiring and awesome.

This would also be the only ff system I'd ever consider to buy. Not a fan of the format otherwise.

9. Yohan

Yohan TalkEmount Veteran

May 21, 2012
    Vancouver, BC
    Yohan
    Hmm, I guess perception of beauty is indeed subjective. And apparently only one is made.