1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Along the rail trail

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by TonyTurley, Jul 14, 2014.

1. TonyTurley

TonyTurley TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    A few things I saw while my wife and I were biking last week. NEX-6 + MD 50/1.4.

Tony

DSC00158-1_zpsfbb8077c.

DSC00160-1_zps052fbb15.

DSC00162-1_zps1a9f077e.

DSC00164-1_zps2470b4e0.

DSC00173-1_zps6252d303.

DSC00174-1_zpse9341b1a.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 6
  2. Bimjo

Bimjo Super Moderator

Oct 28, 2011
    Washington State
    Jim
    Very nice Tony. This is the kind of stuff I miss about living here in the "wide open spaces"- not many surprises. Palouse Falls being a rare exception. Though I am getting to places of interest because of my job, I unfortunately don't have the time to stop and explore. Or at least I haven't figured it out yet. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  3. roundball

roundball TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Oct 8, 2013
    USA
    Good stuff...especially like that first one

• Like Like x 1
  4. dragion

dragion TalkEmount Top Veteran

May 8, 2014
    Boston, MA
    William
    Reminds me of N.H.

Thanks Tony :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Thanks guys. WV is really lovely when you get out away from the congestion. Even a state as small as ours has urban sprawl issues, just on a smaller scale. Lots to see out in the farmlands and hills. Jim, I hope you do get a chance to capture some of the sites you encounter.

Tony

6. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Some lovely sights

• Like Like x 1
  7. stephen431

stephen431 TalkEmount Regular

May 2, 2014
    West Virginia is beautiful. One of my favorite hikes was in the Dolly Sods.
    I'd love to make it back out to New River Gorge sometime and get some kayaking shots in my inventory.

Tony, have you ever had a chance to make it out to to Bridge Day? I always wanted to go when I lived in Ohio, but could never get my schedule to work.

8. TonyTurley

Apr 24, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Dolly Sods and the NRG are both stunning. The Bluestone canyon is another really nice place. Pipestem SP has a lot of trails. I've done the trail around the lake a couple of times. They also have a long one of about 8 miles that descends from the lodge down into the bottom of the canyon, follows the Bluestone River, and climbs back out. I'd love to do that one, and the photo opportunities would be incredible - as would the fishing.

As for Bridge Day, I've watched it on TV, but never attended myself. I have a dislike for being around large numbers of people, and B.D. usually draws 100,000+.

Tony

• Like Like x 1