1. Welcome to TalkEmount.com—a friendly Sony E-mount camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

All I want is the perfect camera

Discussion in 'Video to Share' started by fractal, Jul 16, 2018.

1. fractal

fractal TalkEmount Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Jun 17, 2014
    Southeastern PA
    Chris
    disclaimer: not my video. Still pretty funny.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Luke

Luke TalkEmount Regular

Aug 27, 2013
    3 minor points.....

1. the sensor in Panasonic cameras is actually much SMALLER than a baby duck

2. the phrase "stable as a 3-legged coffee table" may sound funny, but in fact 3 points determine a plane.....so a three legged coffee table (or stool) is as stable as it gets.

3. the fade-out at the end of the song could have happened 30 seconds sooner

But honestly, I was laughing out loud.

Loved it!

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. JonathanF2

JonathanF2 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2014
    Los Angeles, USA
    On a serious note, why the heck can Sony not convert a raw image to a JPEG in-camera like every other camera manufacturer?

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Luke

Luke TalkEmount Regular

Aug 27, 2013
    their RX100 can

• Like Like x 1
  5. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro Subscribing Member

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    Hi Jonathan - I hear about this complaint all the time. Unfortunately, my only point of reference is Sony. What is the benefit of this feature?

6. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Feb 17, 2015
    So the jpeg's I get out of my A7ii aren't converted in camera? Where are they converted then?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. JonathanF2

Aug 16, 2014
    Los Angeles, USA
    My main gripe is the Sony Play Memories app only transfers jpegs. If you have raws, it will only transfer the 2mb preview image. Olympus, Nikon and other manufacturers allow in-body conversions and I only like shooting raw and not raw+jpeg.

I'm traveling right now and forgot my SD card reader wifi hub and all my files are raw. I currently can't convert or transfer any of my raws files via the Play Memories app.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. JonathanF2

Aug 16, 2014
    Los Angeles, USA
    The issue is mainly for raw only shooters. If you're a JPEG or raw+jpeg shooter, you're okay!

BTW - Sorry to hijack your thread @fractal@fractal! Even a near-perfect camera like the A7III, is still far from perfect!

9. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Feb 17, 2015
    ah, now you've ruined it. I was gonna tell my wife it was perfect so I could justify getting one.

• Funny Funny x 2
  10. WNG

WNG TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    Invisible hampsters! That's why I shoot manual focus lenses, so I don't attract them into my house!

This guy's other videos are also hilarious. Should watch
    7 Reasons To Buy The Canon 6Dii Instead Of The Sony A7iii

. Must watch til the very end. ;) 

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Tipton

Tipton TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jan 30, 2016
    Rae Leggett
    The vids are funny, but they make a good point, in that camera brands are competing more on intangibles like flippy touch screens. I've been dealing with this. I sold my Fuji X-T2 to buy my a6500. But I'm missing the X-T2 more because of the feel of it in my hand.

12. Tipton

Tipton TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jan 30, 2016
    Rae Leggett
    And I don't even use the touch screen on my 6500.

13. Luke

Luke TalkEmount Regular

Aug 27, 2013
    And I consider a touchscreen to be a flaw. So there's certainly no pleasing everyone.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.