Airshows

Discussion in 'Open Discussion' started by Hawkman, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Hawkman

Hawkman TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    I've seen a few folks here post some great shots from some airshows recently. Tomorrow, Sept., 19th, I may be able to get out to an airshow at Joint Base Andrews (perhaps better known by its previous name, Andrews Air Force Base). This show used to be annual but the recent budget issues have curtailed funding for it, however it is on for this year. Amazingly enough, in all my years in this area I've never made it out to this airshow, something always got in the way. Hopefully I can fit it in tomorrow in a busy weekend.

Anyhow, I was hoping some of you who have taken these awesome aircraft and airshow shots might be able to share a few tips for how to photograph the airshow.

I hope to bring my new a6000 and my AF lenses, including the 18-55 and 55-210. Any tips for using the a6000 during flight action sequences would be most appreciated. Thanks all!

2. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    Try these

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Hawkman

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    Thanks Dave. That's a start.

4. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    No problem. Have fun tomorrow.

5. Hawkman

Sep 10, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    Steve
    Thanks. Not 100% sure I'm going to be able to go though... I've got a ton of "real" work to get done and need to work through the weekend. But if I can find a way to spend a few hours away, I will.