Advice on the best way to sell my a6000.

Black Elk

TalkEmount Regular
I have a very nice a6000 body I want to sell. The regular buyers such as KEH, Adorama, B&H, MPB are offering around $150.00 to $180.00. It appears the re-sale at these places is in the low $300.00s. I am looking at $250.00 max shipped. The reason is that I have a NEX6 that I like better.

Thanks...............

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
I did an eBay search to learn the price that an A6000 body will get. The sold auctions are in green. That is the only way to determine the actual rice that this camera will get on eBay. Just researching the listed prices on eBay will only tell you what people "hope" to get for the camera. Here is what the camera actually sells for. https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_nkw=Sony+A6000+body&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&LH_Sold=1&_udlo=&_udhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=92026-6937&_sargn=-1&saslc=1&_salic=1&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=200&LH_Complete=1&_fosrp=1
The eBay makes it quite easy to sell gear and tells you what they recommend as the starting point, I have sold all of my Canon gear on eBay and I have been pretty happy with the results.
You can even print out a mailing label through eBay.

bdbits

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Bob
Costs nothing to list it here on Buy & Sell. :)

Another place you could try is the member buy/sell/trade at fredmiranda.com. It is pretty active, though older stuff sometimes does not do well. It does cost $15 to "join" and list an item(s) for sale which you pay whether anything sells or not, but there is no commission - ebay takes 10%. And you might want to figure shipping and paypal's 3% (insist on paypal invoice not just sending money) when setting a price. Just an idea.

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
Real Name
Will
You can also list it in your local craigslist.org listing. Costs nothing. You can also list it in other regions and note buyer pays for shipping. Paypal is reasonably reliable for such transactions.

Richard Crowe

TalkEmount Top Veteran
I have had some very bad experiences listing items on Craigslist. I know that it is free but, I would not personally use it.
This might be a very good spot on which to list the camera since this is a Sony specific site.
I would get an idea of what it would sell for by using eBay completed listings search and list the camera at or slightly below the prevailing selling price on eBay.
Whether a camera sells and what it sells for is determined by how popular the camera is and how many of these cameras are being listed on the sales site,
I was lucky in that I got more for a Canon 5D Mark-2 camera that I sold last month than the price I purchased it on eBay several years ago. However, that was an anomaly rather than usual. Cameras and less expensive lenses take quite a beating on the used market. The items that seem to hold their value best are premium lenses like Canon L glass and the Sony G-Master.
I picked up a 70-200mm f/4 G OSS Sony lens used at a good price and feel sure that I could use this lens for a year or two and not get hammered if I were to sell it. OTOH, I could hardly give away an 18-55mm Sony Kit lens. However, I received that lens along with a NEX-7 camera that I purchased to convert to full-time infra red. So whatever I got for that lens was gravy...
The A6000 is still a very viable camera and if I could have found one at a good price, I would have purchased one instead of the NEX-7...

Black Elk

TalkEmount Regular
I have had some very bad experiences listing items on Craigslist. I know that it is free but, I would not personally use it.
This might be a very good spot on which to list the camera since this is a Sony specific site.
I would get an idea of what it would sell for by using eBay completed listings search and list the camera at or slightly below the prevailing selling price on eBay.
Whether a camera sells and what it sells for is determined by how popular the camera is and how many of these cameras are being listed on the sales site,
I was lucky in that I got more for a Canon 5D Mark-2 camera that I sold last month than the price I purchased it on eBay several years ago. However, that was an anomaly rather than usual. Cameras and less expensive lenses take quite a beating on the used market. The items that seem to hold their value best are premium lenses like Canon L glass and the Sony G-Master.
I picked up a 70-200mm f/4 G OSS Sony lens used at a good price and feel sure that I could use this lens for a year or two and not get hammered if I were to sell it. OTOH, I could hardly give away an 18-55mm Sony Kit lens. However, I received that lens along with a NEX-7 camera that I purchased to convert to full-time infra red. So whatever I got for that lens was gravy...
The A6000 is still a very viable camera and if I could have found one at a good price, I would have purchased one instead of the NEX-7...
Interesting. Had I known about the NEX6, I would have purchased it and passed on the a6000. The NEX6 I purchased had around 1200 shutter count and is in near mint condition. It meets all of my photo needs.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
TalkEmount is a fan site and not associated with Sony Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2011-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom