• Welcome to TalkEmount.com, the best Sony E-mount camera and photography community on the web.
    Click here to join for free and enjoy unlimited photo uploads in our forums.

Advice about image organization = pics in 3 different programs

Jazzer

TalkEmount Veteran
Real Name
Larry
I once asked a question about workflow here and got some helpful responses. This is a slightly different variation on that theme. I recently started using Lightroom. Prior to that I was using iPhoto and then I switched to Aperture for a little while. I have several thousand images in iPhoto (many of which are garbage), the vast majority of which are shot in JPEG. I have maybe about 750 images in Aperture (mostly shot in RAW or RAW & JPEG, which presents its own issue) and fewer than 100 in Lightroom. The iPhoto and Aperture photos are "managed" so they are in one big package file. I have been awful about putting in keywords, so very few photos have them. Many photos have been edited, some of which were done in other software, like Picasa and imported into iPhoto.

I have some photos uploaded to Flickr, but there is no rhyme or reason as to what sizes are there and some have been uploaded through Aperture while others are uploaded directly. All of the photos are backed up on an external hard drive using time machine.

I am trying to get this mess under control. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can bring all of these photos together without spending hours and move forward in some sort of organized fashion? I feel like it is already a bit out of hand and if I don't get it organized and in some system now, I am afraid it will eventually be impossible. :eek:

Latest threads

Top Bottom