1. Welcome to TalkEmount.com—a friendly Sony E-mount camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Adorama - Samyang 35mm 2.8 E Lens for $270!

Discussion in 'Hot Deals - Find a Great Deal? Share It Here.' started by JonathanF2, Mar 7, 2018.

1. JonathanF2

JonathanF2 TalkEmount Top Veteran

Aug 16, 2014
    Los Angeles, USA
    • Like Like x 4
  2. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Feb 17, 2015
    It certainly beats my Nikkor 35 on size.

• Like Like x 1
  3. WestOkid

WestOkid TalkEmount All-Pro

Jan 25, 2014
    New Jersey, USA
    Gary
    ordered. been looking for a small everyday prime to compliment my 55. I just couldn't pony up $700 for the Zony 35 f/2.8

• Like Like x 1
  4. Tipton

Tipton TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jan 30, 2016
    Rae Leggett
    It's as close to a pancake lens as you can get for the a7, the image quality is surprisingly good, but the AF hunts sometimes. It'd be be worth it at even twice the price.

5. JonathanF2

Aug 16, 2014
    Los Angeles, USA
    It's now on back order! I was tempted to buy one, but I have the 28mm f2 FE which isn't that big to begin with and I feel these two would just be too close for my taste. :D 

6. Tipton

Tipton TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jan 30, 2016
    Rae Leggett
    Oddly, the 28/2 is actually longer. Not large, but not a pancake. The reason I bought the 28/2 was because I found 35mm is too narrow for car shows.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. AlwaysOnAuto

AlwaysOnAuto TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Feb 17, 2015
    That's what I've found too, Rae. They usually park the cars too close to each other for a 35 to work well.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Biro

Biro TalkEmount Regular Subscribing Member

Oct 21, 2012
    You need at least 28mm for car shows. Maybe even 24mm but you have to be careful to avoid distortion at certain angles.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. JonathanF2

Aug 16, 2014
    Los Angeles, USA
    I like 28mm, because it's the widest I feel comfortable going without major distortion. Same also applies when shooting models for full body portraits.

10. JonathanF2

Aug 16, 2014
    Los Angeles, USA
  11. serhan

serhan TalkEmount All-Pro

Aug 27, 2011
    NYC
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.