1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Adobe RGB vs. sRGB when shooting JPEG?

Discussion in 'Image Processing' started by mr_slava, Sep 2, 2011.

1. mr_slava

mr_slava TalkEmount Rookie

Aug 24, 2011
    Canada, ON
    What is your camera settings when shooting JPEG for color space? Why did you choose one or another and do you do any additional steps when publish on web, e-mail or print photos? Will be very appreciated for your comments as information on the web is quiet different from different sources.

Slava

2. jlabate

jlabate TalkEmount Regular

Aug 25, 2011
    Adobe RGB is the wider color space of the two. It is best for printing and can always be converted to sRGB later. For web and email sRGB is fine.

3. mr_slava

Aug 24, 2011
    Canada, ON
    Thanks jlabate, so you are using Adobe RGB for jpeg images yourself or this is just your opinion? I am trying to compare results from this two formats and in lightroom I feel like my images "over contrasted", less natural when set to Adobe.

4. olli

olli TalkEmount Veteran

Aug 16, 2011
    Washington DC
    olli
  5. jlabate

jlabate TalkEmount Regular

Aug 25, 2011
    I usually shoot raw. But Adobe is a wider space than sRBG and gives you more colors in an image.

When shooting jpegs, there are many camera settings that dictate how the images will be processed and what the they will look like. That will affect how they open and look in LR.

6. mr_slava

Aug 24, 2011
    Canada, ON
    Thanks guys, great reading!