1. Try our free app!    iPhone/iPad    Android
    Dismiss Notice

adapter model number

Discussion in 'Adapted Lenses' started by BJW, Feb 1, 2013.

  1. BJW

    BJW TalkEmount Regular

    Sep 30, 2011
    Real Name:
    O.K. newbie question of the day. What adapter do I need for Nikon legacy glass that have an aperture ring? I looked on line and there seems to be a wide assortment everywhere! I need a part number so I don’t make a mistake. I am not brand loyal, obviously. Will go on a NEX 6.
  2. eno789

    eno789 TalkEmount Top Veteran

    Jan 1, 2012
    NoCal, USA
    Real Name:
    Because adapters are just metal rings filling the differences of the two mount (see Flange focal distance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), lots of manufactures make them. There's no "model number".

    All you need to know to search, is the mount type you want to adapt to NEX to.

    In you case, basically a Nikon F mount to NEX adapter. I usually buy from rainbowimaging.biz, other people also had good experience with fotodiox. There're also Nikon to NEX adapters that allow you to control aperture, that usually mentions "for Nikon G lens". You don't need that. Just plain "Nikon F mount to NEX adapter" will do.
Links in this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.