Ad viewing now optional for all members

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by Amin Sabet, Mar 14, 2017.

1. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Up until now, ads have been disabled for subscribing members, members who attest to using our affiliate links (honor system), and members who have posted 20 times in the past 30 days.

I realize that there are likely some members who don't fall into any of those categories but strongly dislike the ads and don't want to use an ad blocker, so I've made ad viewing optional.

You can find the new setting under preferences: https://www.talkemount.com/account/preferences

Please read the entire description for this setting before making your choice!

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Aug 6, 2011
    Sorry, I accidentally sent the alert twice to some members. Also, I am getting a number of questions about this, so here is some clarification:

Basically, any ONE of the following makes the site completely free of banner ads:
    • Moderator status
    • Subscribing member
    • Answering yes to shopping our affiliates
    • Answering no to willing to see ads
    • Posting more than 20 posts in the past 30 days
    If you meet one of those criteria, ads will not show, regardless of your situation, setting, or answer to the others.

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 3
  3. chalkdust

chalkdust TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 25, 2015
    Bert Cheney
    Amin, thanks for always taking good care of us.
    I do not mind the ads on this site.
    Ironically, if in the next 30 days I post that I like to read the ads, then the ads will disappear.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1