ACDSEE pro iPad app

Discussion in 'Post-Production' started by Deadbear77, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer Subscribing Member

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
    just downloaded this raw editor for iPad. It's relatively low cost, under 10 bucks. Tried it briefly and I have to say it may be on par with Lightroom for a lot of things. Image editing is a breeze. One downfall is no clone tool. Other than that it's a fun to use product. I suggest you try if your an iPad Pro user.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator Subscribing Member

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Gotta link to the app store? I'm finding several ACDSee apps, but not anything like what you describe.

Edit: Never mind. I see it.

3. Deadbear77

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
    Sorry I'm at work right now. Let me know what you think.

4. WoodWorks

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Well... Hm. No clone tool? No graduated filter? I think Affinity Photo for the iPad Pro, though more expensive, is a better choice for me. I haven't touched the mobile version of Lightroom since I got Affinity Photo.

5. Deadbear77

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
    Well, I'm not saying I'm a pro, but I usually only color, tone and contrast correct in post. Sometimes a crop here or there so this is a simple enough program for what I like to do.

• Like Like x 1
  6. WoodWorks

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Makes sense to me, Kevin. Most of the time I'm in the same boat. But I'm also looking for something that will allow me to eventually jettison Lightroom and the other Adobe subscription apps I use for my 9-5 work. And some day I'd love to migrate to an "all tablet" workflow. The iPad Pro and Affinity Photo get me a a a a a l m o s t there.

7. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount Top Veteran

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    I've often wondered if color fidelity and general appearance of tablet displays is good enough to edit photos for use beyond social-media-quality images. Sounds like for some of you at least, maybe it is.

8. WoodWorks

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    The latest iPad Pros have displays that utilize a wider color gamut than previous iPads, and are supposed to be a significant improvement over them. I have edited raw files while on the road with my iPad Pro, and then later edited the same files on my desktop using Lightroom on calibrated monitors, and have been fairly amazed at how closely the two matched.

Displaymate did a shootout between the new Pros and the iPad Air 2 where they fell all over themselves with superlatives:

iPad Pro 9.7" Display Technology Shoot-Out

The money quote: "It is the most color accurate display that we have ever measured. It is visually indistinguishable from perfect, and is very likely considerably better than on any mobile display, monitor, TV or UHD TV that you have."

• Informative Informative x 4