Acadia National Park

Black Elk

TalkEmount Regular
Pictures at Acadia. Comments/edit suggestions appreciated. On the second photo, I am not good at editing pics with clouds. Thanks much. (Sony a6000)

Sunrise on Cadillac Mountain.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Schoodic Peninsula pool.

Great Head.

bdbits

TalkEmount All-Pro
Since you asked, and this is strictly a matter of personal taste and maybe some food for thought, but #2 & #3 I would have pointed the camera up just a little for slightly less foreground. Also, I think your presentation would benefit from a little larger size. But then I am one of those crazy guys who tends to post big pictures, so... :D

I do think your composition is pretty good though. :thumbup:

• Agree
Reactions: WNG

WNG

TalkEmount Hall of Famer
The 2nd shot is a nice subject and potentially a great composition. More of the sky would be desired, but I understand you wanted to not cut off the foreground subject. Bear in mind, you can vary the perspective by getting lower to the ground to compose a more compelling image. You don't need to always shoot at standing eye level. A common mistake we do and not aware of at the moment. The a6000's tilty screen comes in handy for such compositions.

Black Elk

TalkEmount Regular
Thanks for the feedback. Good comments for number 2 and 3. The clouds at Sunrise were spectacular. However, I couldn't capture the beauty. I will try a re-edit. Clouds, in this case fog, are difficult for me to edit to bring out the scene. Number 3 is pretty flat and not well composed as pointed out.

Ed K.

bdbits

TalkEmount All-Pro
Ed, are you shooting RAW? If not, you would gain more latitude in post if you shot RAW. Might help. I find clouds can be difficult, too. I think it helps to underexpose and pull up shadows as needed, as they are easier to recover than highlight details.

Black Elk

TalkEmount Regular
Ed, are you shooting RAW? If not, you would gain more latitude in post if you shot RAW. Might help. I find clouds can be difficult, too. I think it helps to underexpose and pull up shadows as needed, as they are easier to recover than highlight details.
Yes..shooting RAW. Thanks for the tip editing shadows.