1. Welcome to TalkEmount.com—a friendly Sony E-mount camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Acadia National Park

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by Black Elk, May 13, 2019.

1. Black Elk

Black Elk TalkEmount Rookie

Mar 28, 2019
    Pictures at Acadia. Comments/edit suggestions appreciated. On the second photo, I am not good at editing pics with clouds. Thanks much. (Sony a6000)

Sunrise on Cadillac Mountain.

CadMtnSunrise1.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
    Cad_mtn_cloudsa.jpg

Schoodic Peninsula pool.

Schoodic_Pool1.jpg

Great Head.

GreatHead2.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  2. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount All-Pro

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    Since you asked, and this is strictly a matter of personal taste and maybe some food for thought, but #2 & #3 I would have pointed the camera up just a little for slightly less foreground. Also, I think your presentation would benefit from a little larger size. But then I am one of those crazy guys who tends to post big pictures, so... :D 

I do think your composition is pretty good though. :thumbup:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. davect01

davect01 Super Moderator

Aug 20, 2011
    Fountain Hills, AZ
    Dave
    1st and last are the keepers :) 

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. WNG

WNG TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Aug 12, 2014
    Arrid Zone-A, USA
    Will
    The 2nd shot is a nice subject and potentially a great composition. More of the sky would be desired, but I understand you wanted to not cut off the foreground subject. Bear in mind, you can vary the perspective by getting lower to the ground to compose a more compelling image. You don't need to always shoot at standing eye level. A common mistake we do and not aware of at the moment. The a6000's tilty screen comes in handy for such compositions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Black Elk

Mar 28, 2019
    Thanks for the feedback. Good comments for number 2 and 3. The clouds at Sunrise were spectacular. However, I couldn't capture the beauty. I will try a re-edit. Clouds, in this case fog, are difficult for me to edit to bring out the scene. Number 3 is pretty flat and not well composed as pointed out.

Ed K.

6. bdbits

bdbits TalkEmount All-Pro

Sep 10, 2015
    Bob
    Ed, are you shooting RAW? If not, you would gain more latitude in post if you shot RAW. Might help. I find clouds can be difficult, too. I think it helps to underexpose and pull up shadows as needed, as they are easier to recover than highlight details.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Black Elk

Mar 28, 2019
    Yes..shooting RAW. Thanks for the tip editing shadows.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.