1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Abandoned house

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by VaughnA, Feb 9, 2013.

1. VaughnA

VaughnA TalkEmount Regular

Jan 24, 2013
    I've had my 7 for a couple of weeks. A friend sent me a MD 50 1.4 which I took to an abandoned house today. I'm sure they'll be a little controversial but I love the lens. And I love the Nex7. It's not another camera. It's a digital back for about any lens you want to use.

The two of the baby doll head are cropped but otherwise monochrome jpegs right out of the camera.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

A bit of sharpening for the window using the raw file.

[​IMG]

2. ChangshaNotes

ChangshaNotes Super Moderator

Aug 15, 2012
    China
    Colin
    Love these, especially the first.

3. Deadbear77

Deadbear77 TalkEmount Hall of Famer

Sep 14, 2012
    Northeast Ohio
    Kevin
    Very nice. Good stuff.

4. claude

claude TalkEmount Top Veteran

Jan 13, 2013
    Ottawa Canada
    Great clarity. Very nice.

5. WoodWorks

WoodWorks Super Moderator

Dec 12, 2012
    Ashland, OR, USA
    David
    Yeah, that first one is disturbing, in a sort of good way, if you know what I mean.

6. Nubster

Nubster TalkEmount Veteran

Jan 5, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Chad
    I keep waiting for the head in the first shot to turn towards me with black hollow eyes and let out a blood curdling scream.

7. NickCyprus

NickCyprus Super Moderator

Oct 11, 2012
    Cyprus
    Nick
    Love #3 (window shot)!!! For some strange reason I myself find that photographing old/weird windows and doors appealing...:)

8. Nubster

Jan 5, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Chad
    I keep saying I want to do a window/door series. Just haven't gotten around to doing it.

9. Grisu_HDH

Grisu_HDH TalkEmount Veteran

Dec 16, 2012
    Southern Germany
    Markus
    I love Lost Place shots!

10. VaughnA

VaughnA TalkEmount Regular

Jan 24, 2013
    Thanks everyone. I'm new in this neighborhood and trying to get used to my Nex. I picked up my D300 last night after not using it since getting the Nex and I was SHOCKED at how heavy it was. I'm very close to selling off my DSLR and going all in with Nex. I'm just getting better quality photos with the nex and it's small enough to carry places.

11. Nubster

Jan 5, 2013
    West Virginia, USA
    Chad
    I did the same thing. Sold my D300. Sure, I miss it and it's blazing fast AF, but right now, I'm having fun playing with MF and legacy lenses and I certainly don't miss the weight. I also like being able to carry my entire kit in a bag that would have been only big enough to carry just my D300 body.

Hopefully in the next couple years mirrorless with catch DSLR in AF abilities.

Plus, if you sell now, soon the D7000/D300 replacement will be announced and the D300 prices will fall and you can pick up another one for less than you sold for...lol...that's what I may end up doing except I'll probably go for a D300s.

12. gio

gio TalkEmount Veteran

Sep 12, 2012
    Manchester, uk
    these pics all tell a story of discarded past, the throw away generation hard at work.

well done